CBR1100XX.org Forum

Random food ideas

SwampNut

Snacking... Think nuts (but not peanuts, they're actually a legume, not a nut). Also, pork rinds. You can eat as many of those as you want. Fortunately for you, in CA you can get decent ones. Look for a Cuban market. Here in AZ all I can get are shitty brand-name pork rinds. Go to netrition.com and order up some low-carb shit. They even have low-carb tortillas, and they're good! The Atkins chips are tasty but fucking expensive.

And if you don't mind doing some cooking... You can bake cheese chips. Fucking tasty! Just put small squares of cheese on a greased pan and bake at 400 until toasty. Do NOT get any of the low-carb tortilla chips unless you like chalk and paste mixed together and toasted. I've got a recipe for low-carb cheesecake that people think is "normal" (though it's got enough that you need to wait until after your first month for that).

Breakfast on the run...Irish eggs. Take a whole hardboiled egg, cover it like a ball with sausage, and fry that up. Now you have a Sausage McMuffin without the muffin, and they keep in the fridge for weeks.

Meat pizza... Make a "crust" from ground meat, and cook it by itself. Pour off grease. Top like normal pizza (tomatoes are pretty low in carbs, but most pre-made sauces add sugar, so watch that). You can also make the crust from just cheese, baked as with the cheese chips.

There's a LOT you can do, just think different. Oh, and go do a 2-hour shopping trip, reading all the labels. Look at the shit you never looked at before, and look at the bottom/top shelves where the non-mainstream stuff is.

• 2 weeks later...

Swampnut,

I've monitored a few of you guys this year and since you had such success we are on it as well (family).

Would you post the recipe for the cheesecake?

This site has been the main reason that we are doing it. I plan on meeting up with speedfreek for a ride since he's in my part of the world and scope out his XX one of these days.

Thanks