CBR1100XX.org Forum

Faulty carging cicuit

cleggben

Guys

I need to run my bike and the whole charging circuit is knackered. I have ordered the bits I need and I'm not worried about that.

But can someone tell me if there are any issues running an injection bird on the battery alone (Without the charging circuit) except for the obvious of the flat battery?

And approx how long will I have on a full battery?

Ben

No idea how long you can run the bike on just battery alone , but if you need to drive it to get it somewhere and your running on battery alone , I would pull the fuse for the headlight. That will add some range. Just becarefull of the local Po Po.

Guest rockmeupto125

On a good battery with a full charge you should be able to run for 6- 8 hours if you don't use any lights and have minimal use of the starter.

Here in the US, we can't shut the low beam off, and in the same situation, would have to pull the headlight plug or fuse to shut the light off. Your bike probably has the European switchgear which allows you to shut the headlight off.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

I think 6-8 hours is very very optomistic, i would say less than 2, FI models run a lot more stuff than carb, yes turning of lights and other stuff you don't need will help but not for 6 hours, to be honest i think you'll be lucky to get 1 hour out of it.