CBR1100XX.org Forum

Remodel we did for my dads freind

BDAZ XX

Heres some pics of the work we did in the Docs bedroom, bath, and entry. We did a bunch of other custom work in the living room, dining room, exterior painting and installed new doors throughout the place. It turned out preatty good I think, the main thing is HE's HAPPY! Nothing was subbed out except countertops and shower door. We did all the destruction, construction, electrical, plumbing, sheetrock, woodwork, paint, tile.

He disigned it in a Moroccan style. Not my taste but cool none the less. Lots of "one off" custom stuff, theres definately nothing like this around here.

He ordered shit from all over the world for this build. Wall tile is Turkish limestone, Floor tile is from Greece, Sink cabs from Morocco, lights from Egypt and Afganistan.

Bedroom

before

large.jpg

after, we still have to add copper squares in the cutouts on the floor. Ceiling beams are hand made from oak sheet 3/4 plywood and stained.

52149450.jpg

Bathroom view from the bedroom

before

52149448.jpg

after

52149446.jpg

52149443.jpg

52149444.jpg

Old entry/Front door with the new doors sitting next to it.

52149449.jpg

Exterior view of new doors. These have inlayed metal and ivory all over them.

52149447.jpg

We finish the 220a electric steamer hook up for the Dual head shower/sauna on monday. We just finished painting the exterior window popouts to match the front door trim and now he wants us to paint the gutters and fachia to match. Its gonna suck, part of its 20ft in the air.

large.jpg

Thanks Pam! :D

I'm proud of how it turned out. I'm trying to get the good doctor that we built it for, to let me send in some photos to Bed and Bath mag once its finished. We have another week or so depending on what else he comes up with. The he starts shopping for all the goodies to decorate it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Randy, I need you to come by and help me out on my basement. It's currently unfinished and in dire need of some attention.

I would if I had the time. We currently have 2 BIG jobs going. We broke ground on both last week. Its going to be crazy busy now through summer.

First job is a 2 story room addition. We tore out the family room and garage and extending the FR 12ft and going up and over both.

Second one we tore off a single car garage so we could get to the backyard. Adding a 24x34 shop in the back and after its done, we extend 3 sides of the house, out 6ft. :shock: Roof will have to totally be removed and new floor, walls and roof will be added. Its a huge project especially with only 3-4 (Me and another guy and 2-65yrs+ oldschoolers) of us doing everything from start to finish.

Randy, I need you to come by and help me out on my basement.  It's currently unfinished and in dire need of some attention.

I would if I had the time. We currently have 2 BIG jobs going. We broke ground on both last week. Its going to be crazy busy now through summer.

First job is a 2 story room addition. We tore out the family room and garage and extending the FR 12ft and going up and over both.

Second one we tore off a single car garage so we could get to the backyard. Adding a 24x34 shop in the back and after its done, we extend 3 sides of the house, out 6ft. :shock: Roof will have to totally be removed and new floor, walls and roof will be added. Its a huge project especially with only 3-4 (Me and another guy and 2-65yrs+ oldschoolers) of us doing everything from start to finish.

That project sounds sweet. I wish I knew more about that stuff. The house I bought back in Feb. is a 50yr. old house that is just screaming for a few updates.