CBR1100XX.org Forum

Stock Seat Mods???

SLY DVL

Has anyone tried modifying their stock XX seat?

I find it comfortable (not as a Corbin but...) except after a long day ride in jeans. The edges almost seem to cut into my lower thighs.

I was contemplating shaving the foam slightly to give it a little more of a "Gunfighter" type pocket and try to eliminate those edges.

Anyone, anyone, anyone...?

Kev

I marked the cover of how I wanted the solo seat to look. I pulled off the cover and cut it. Attached the silver material and sewed them together.

Yes I know how to use a sewing machine :oops:

Took a knife (them electric carving knives are awsome for this) shaved down some and put it on the bike to check fit... Did this about 10 times and then sanded it smooth and reattached the cover.

I also got a spare stock seat I use if the wife wants to ride. The silver material is slick and the wife had trouble holding on. (I bought her her own damn bike) Problem solved :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
Yes I know how to use a sewing machine  :oops:  

:supergay:

J/K I'm always impressed by people that can sew/ do upholstery everytime I try I wind up ruining good material. One of these days I'm going to get a cheap machine and lots of scraps and learn.

I did mine today. Still have to do some more sandind on it but its a much nicer fit now. Can't wait to try it out nexxt summer :roll:

What grit/type of sandpaper did you use?

Kev

Yes I know how to use a sewing machine :oops:

:supergay:

J/K I'm always impressed by people that can sew/ do upholstery everytime I try I wind up ruining good material. One of these days I'm going to get a cheap machine and lots of scraps and learn.

I won't lie. In school I was given a choice of taking chorus class or home economics. I can't carry a tune in a bucket. Plus the home ec class was me and a couple buddies surrounded by chicks... :lol: