CBR1100XX.org Forum

16/48 gearing

h2o player

I run the 16/46 combo and I personally love it for local riding. Long distance sucks ass though. 2 more teeth on the rear would kill your fuel economy and top speed. Like blackhawk said, it'd be overkill unless you're drag racing and have it lowered and/or stretched.

Alright you scared me off on the 48. I ordered a 46 this morning. I comute 100 miles a day and the milage coment hit home. The milage is not all that great as it is. I think I just need to pick up an R1 to satisfy my urges :D

I sold my 97 XX engine to a guy in New Orleans, So I went down there and fitted the engine within his frame (his XX had been under water) anyway, I asked him how fast was his xx, (not digital instruments) he told me about 230MPH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I said NO WAY, then he showed me his gearing, 16 front 37 rear!!!!

He had the 37 tooth rear specially made, so I guess he maybe telling the truth!

230mph is a bit of a reach. At 10800 rpm that would give him 207 mph. Not to metion I don't think the bike would have enogh power. 18/37 would theroeticaly give him 233mph but like I said the bike would not have the grut to get it there.

230mph is a bit of a reach. At 10800 rpm that would give him 207 mph. Not to metion I don't think the bike would have enogh power. 18/37 would theroeticaly give him 233mph but like I said the bike would not have the grut to get it there.

I can't see the bike accually getting to that speed but at redline according to the spread sheet that has our bikes gearing 18/37 would get to 230Mph. Again I can see a factory bike having the power to.