CBR1100XX.org Forum

Mototeck guys

Motobeagle

On the XX I just bought, the previous owner butchered the stock plastic fender/undertray. Do I need this to mount a Mototeck, or can I live without a rear fender. I know some kits integrate the OEM fender as part of the complete unit. Thanks

I have the Mototeck undertail and the stock fender (being the black plastic that holds the PC, license plate and factory tail do need to be trimmed back. Enough so the PC is still supported and the rear stub left in place to keep the pc from sliding back. If its not there its ok you can rig something to hold the PC down I am sure. But if the fender you are reffering to is the par that the seat itself touches ie. the painted part of the bike then you will need a replacement. Mototeck does not require any cutting of the painted part of the bike.

Hope this helped!

The only real way to figure out if you have enough stock fender to mount to is place the Mototek against it when it arrives. My guess is you will have to still cut more off of your stock fender! I trimmed mine over and over again until it was nearly gone, then the Mototek fit.

If you need any help, Randy has some pictures, and I'm more than willing to take pictures of mine with the painted tail section removed, (I have to fix a brake light anyway.)

Thanks guys. The undertail should be here in about 5 to 7. I will start fabricating as soon as it gets here. The previous owner had a comp works fender kit installed. There are now 2 big holes peeking through on each side of the mounting plate underneath, and the "CPU" is just placed inside unattached. Oh well

Tim (Tox) the people at Mototeck said they are now shipping these with LED's. Did yours come with them?

I too, have heard Mototek put better bulbs in their new undertails.....let me know how bright they are. If you are interested I have the info on the hyperbright ones I installed.

Cute Pic Beag! :shock: :grin:

PM me if you get in a pinch, you chop off about 2.5-3" off the back of the stock undertail and trim some other spots inorder to make the MT UT fit properly.

Randy thats what I was afraid of. The previous ownere put a fender kit on, and the back half of the stocker is gone. Oh well, I'll worry about it when it gets here.

Now I just gotta find those close-out magnesium rims I "had" in my favorites. :twisted: