CBR1100XX.org Forum

Interior motion lights

N1K

Anyone ever see these in a retail store? Where?

There's a plethora of exterior motion lights to choose from, but I'm looking for some interior motion lights.

I could just attach an exterior light, but they aren't too decorative.

Looking for some semi-decorative interior motion lights.

Are you looking for lights or switches?

I've seen a few indoor switches with a motion sensor on them that turn on when someone enters the room. After X mins without movement they turn back off.

They work good as long as it isn't high traffic area cause then the lights keep turning on and off.

Kinda looking for a light that has a motion detector on it, not a switch.

My basement lights aren't on a switch, they are on a pull cord. Whenever I walk down the stairs to go to the basement I usually have a laundry basket in my hands. Would be really nice to have a motion light.

Went to Home Deep Ho....

Nothing there. :?

Kinda looking for a light that has a motion detector on it, not a switch.

My basement lights aren't on a switch, they are on a pull cord. Whenever I walk down the stairs to go to the basement I usually have a laundry basket in my hands. Would be really nice to have a motion light.

Went to Home Deep Ho....

Nothing there. :?

Ever think of modifying a outdoor light?

You could replace the light portion with lights you want to put in. You should also beable to relocate the sensor. It's a thought if no one makes one...

Nik,

Here's a motion detector you can add to your current light fixture. http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.j...oductId=1820154

This one has a wire that hooks the receiver and transmitter together. The model 6024 (search) is wireless between the receiver/transmitter but is dependent on a 9V battery to power transmitter.

J

Ever think of modifying a outdoor light?

Yeah, I thought about putting an outdoor light inside, but didn't want to have a 100W halogen bulb running thru it.

Ideally 60w that I could put a compact flourescent in would be cool.

Trying to look at the motion sensor adapter Jon posted.

I think that would work. I need to go look at one in person and read the box.

Yeah, they had that one at Home Depot yesterday. That might be what I end up going with, but I was hoping for something that would screw right into the existing overhead fixture.

Are you looking for lights or switches?

I've seen a few indoor switches with a motion sensor on them that turn on when someone enters the room. After X mins without movement they turn back off.

They work good as long as it isn't high traffic area cause then the lights keep turning on and off.

We have these switches installed in every office at work to save energy. I can be typing and all of a sudden the light goes out. I end up waving my arms through the air to turn the lights back on and continue working. :evil:

If you are using the compact flourescents just leave the thing on all the time. The bulbs last 5+ years and only take up a few watts. It probably takes up more energy turning on that it would to leave it on for 8 hours.

• 2 weeks later...