CBR1100XX.org Forum

Givi luggage question

K9XX

What is the difference between the Monolock and Monokey mounts??

Looking for a top case kit, and I keep seeing both of these as options.

Anyone? ? ?

One key opens and removes the case...I "think" monokey is referring to a single case...ie; your top case whereas monolock is my last name misspelled...and it refers to multiple cases using the same key to both lock and remove.

J

at any rate, it's all described on the givi site

Of course it is. I would rather hear people's preferences and ease of use here, rather than what the manufacturer wants me to know. . . .

Thanks for the help

sorry mate - the question sounded very much like "what is the difference between an apple and an orange".

The answer is very well spelt out in gods website.

I use both, however the monokeys are very useful if you normally use two bags for example, and just want to throw a single one on the top rack for a little outing.

I use both, however the monokeys are very useful if you normally use two bags for example, and just want to throw a single one on the top rack for a little outing.

That's what I was looking for. Sorry for being vague. Thanks :D:D

I think Monokey is the way to go :thumbsup:

If you have the brake light option on your top rack, you either have to remove the electrical socket on the rack or punch out a knock-out in the side case so it will latch into place. Then you have a hole in you side case. Removing the bake light contact connector is pretty quick but you still have to do it. At least that's the way mine works.

Good lord people. Monolock is a lower cost option designed for scooters. The mounting plate is different in that there is a single large hole for the case to engage, while the Monokey cases have two small rails that the case goes on.

That is your Givi terminology lesson for the day.