CBR1100XX.org Forum

Who makes a big bore kit???

ElChingonCabron

• 4 months later...
Just curious about mods under $1000 and what they merit

By the time you're done, it will definitely be over $1K!

Stay tuned to find out what a big bore kit can yield. I'm doing mine over the next few months, and will have it documented start to finish, including dyno testing. :grin:

I`ve done wiseco big bore kit on Yzf 1000.Lots of fine tunning.

If installed as delivered squish is at 1.6 mil,waaaay too much.

When gap between flat part of piston top and cylinder head is closed to more desirable 0.8 mil compression ratio jumps to 14.0.Too much.Compression bump had to be machined.I ended up talking 1.1 mil from them with comp. ratio 12.8.

Wiseco pistons are forged with machined tops,valve pockets are knife sharp,they needed to be smoothed out to eliminate hot spots and preserve mixture turbulence.

Some people say J.E pistons are better,they expends less,less clearance required,less piston slap on cold engine and they have better tolerances.

Wiseco kits come with the cylinder head gasket,it is Cometic part,or total piece of junk,it will fail soon or later.

People how say they know recommend using stock gasket and carefully grinding to hale to desired size.