CBR1100XX.org Forum

ok...possible or not?

devilisht2003

I do know that the FI bikes have a knock sensor threaded into the block that you'd have to drill and tap for...

IMO, you'd be WAAAY better off just trading up to a '99... it'd be less time and a BUNCH less money!

Mike

And more HP  8)

Not really....., just in theory.

We had a test-day, and tested a lot of BB's on the same Dyno.

All carb-bikes (no exceptions) had less HP than all the F1 models. This is explained because there is hardly any carb-bike running perfect. Even after a Dyno-session, rejetting etc., they are not as good as the F1 version......

Maybe we just had a few bad carb-bikes, I don't know, but this was the result of our testing. All the carb-bikes were in between 118 and 132 rear-wheel HP. All F1 bikes were between 134 and 154 HP (modified).

Maybe we just had a few bad carb-bikes, I don't know, but this was the result of our testing. All the carb-bikes were in between 118 and 132 rear-wheel HP. All F1 bikes were between 134 and 154 HP (modified).

My '97 showed 139 RWHP on the dyno.

Rich

My '97 showed 139 RWHP on the dyno.

Rich

There can be quite a difference between the different Dyno's.... That is why we compaired all these bikes on the same day, and on the same Dyno.....

And yes, it is possible you've got one of the better set-up carb-bikes.....