CBR1100XX.org Forum

Extra Parts After Rebuild???

wpreptile

OK... this time I'll try to kill several birds with one post...

Today I finished painting the last yellow piece of the bike(the gas tank). I was suprised to find (when putting the tank back on for a quick pic)... a random hose about a foot long in the space under where the gas tank goes. I did some checking with some local people who know a bit about bike engines and to my suprise(again), no one knew much about this particular bikes tank/lines/electronics configuration. One person told me there should be a "T" fitting and a second line going somwhere, and third line going somewhere else... bla bla bla, and lost me @ hello.

I have put the main fuel rail line back on the left side, and the one for the right side, and I replaced the runoff/overfill line and put it back where it goes... but I still can't figure out where this little hose came from. If anyone has a tank hose schematic, or knows where the little hose goes, let me know - I really don't think I should move on from this point until I solve this.... thanks guys!!!

PS - just for shits, I looked to see that it's not the protective cover or some other part of the idle adjustment cable... It wasn't... :cry:

Second thing: does anyone have a lead on where I can get a pair of replacement fittings for the upper front fender bolts(the piece that holds the inside of the fender to the mounting point)? It's seems to be kind of a hard thing to find for some reason.

Third thing: would someone who actually knows for a fact... let me know what the factory idle RPM was. Either my power commander or the electronic choke seems start the bike running a little high and then lets it drop to a point where it just seems too low(vibration and uneven idle)

Fourth thing:(for devilishT) WHAT IN THE HELL HAPPENED TO THE TAIL SECTION WIRING.... IT LOOKS LIKE R2D2 THREW UP IN THE FENDER ELIMINATOR!!! SERIOUSLY BRO- IF YOU HAVE A CLUE AS TO HOW THIS SHIT WAS REWIRED FROM THE WAY I HAD IT BEFORE... HELP A BROTHA OUT AND E-MAIL ME WITH WHAT YOU WERE THINKING, I MEAN THERES 3 TIMES THE WIRES NOW, AND SOME GROUND WIRES THAT APPARENTLY DO NOTHING - ALSO, WHY IS THERE NOW AN L.E.D. LIGHT INSIDE THE HEADLIGHT ENCLOSURE? DOES IT WORK, AND WHAT COLOR IS IT?

Thanks again yall.... as always, MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

well... as long as you know that this isnt' your week... if you ever need to change the left fork seal, be prepared with the drill... We got the right side done (the side that was leaking), but ended up stripping the left side trying to get them out... Must have been Locktited in or something... Either way, when it needed changed, we were going to drill the head off the bolt and take the forks internals out to get the bolt out... not a big deal, but don't expect a 1/2 hour fork seal job either... If you need help doing so, let me know...

Mike

Edit: I'm referring to the bolt at the bottom of the fork that holds the damper rod in place... The, I believe, 6mm Allen

The bike has a overflow tube as well as a vent tube. I'd say the foot long hose is your vent tube.

+1

As I recall, my 02 does have a tee on this vent/drain hose. This hose connects to the tee, then one leg drains down beneath the engine and the other leg just lays above the transmission for a vent.

Digital cameras are wonderful things... Ya snap abuch of pictures BEFORE you pull everything apart and refer back to them when you're trying to figure out what that extra hose is for...

+2 on the vent hose...

Oh yeah... Do you have a Honda service manual? It has nice pictures/drawings of the various subsystems.

Right on... it was exactly that - a drop hose from the T connection to the bottom of the transmission area.

Big thanks for the links guys - I now have a kickass PDF shop maunal for future reference - Randy R.

just saw this thread randy...i forget how the tail is set up, i had the 2 lower lights to come on only with the brakes and the 4 turn signals bulbs.....but forget how i did it all

It's all good... I think I'm going to go with the origional fender eliminator setup of - 1 pair of 2 stage L.E.D brake/tail lights, and the seperate turn signal lights that were off to the sides of the brake lights.

Thanks for replying though... Randy R.