CBR1100XX.org Forum

Can someone help me with my rear brakes?

wpreptile

I am fairly new to fixing and maintaining my XX(I'm re-building mine from the ground up from a decent second hand bike). I got the rear brake caliper off and replaced the pads, but now I can't seem to get the caliper back on the rotor. Probably a rather simple fix, but I just don't want to cram it back on with force and then have someone tell me there is a factory method that makes it just slide right on... If someone has the instant fix, just e-mail me directly at wpreptile@aol.com - thanks for all the great info everyone... I have saved massive time and effort already due to this site - much appreciated!!!

Randy R - wpreptile@aol.com

Have you forced the pads and the pistons back into tha caliper with a c-clamp or a screwdriver yet?

New pads are thicker than old worn out ones and the extra room needed must be made up by pushing the brake cylinder pistons back into the caliper.

and dont be a stranger Hoosier!!

Push those pads in and it should fit!

Just make sure you operate both front and rear brake levers BEFORE you ride :wink:

I released a bit of pull from the interior pressure adjustment screw and pushed the pistons in with a screwdriver and BAM!!!! lol - they went right on. Now I have to put all the random brake line pieces I messed with back onto the calliper and take it in to have all that shi* re-adjusted and bled...(late smart = bad day for the mechanically dis-inclined)

Thanks again yall.... I'm sure I'll be back often with all sorts of stupid a$$ questions about shi* you probably don't even have to think about anymore... LOL

DodgeRamYellow '99-2000 1100XX hybrid(2000 motor in a '99 body) - PCII/full micron 4-2-1 with micron can/chromed or polished in about every way you can think... pics coming soon

I released a bit of pull from the interior pressure adjustment screw and pushed the pistons in with a screwdriver and BAM!!!! lol - they went right on. Now I have to put all the random brake line pieces I messed with back onto the calliper and take it in to have all that shi* re-adjusted and bled...(late smart = bad day for the mechanically dis-inclined)

Thanks again yall.... I'm sure I'll be back often with all sorts of stupid a$$ questions about shi* you probably don't even have to think about anymore... LOL

DodgeRamYellow '99-2000 1100XX hybrid(2000 motor in a '99 body) - PCII/full micron 4-2-1 with micron can/chromed or polished in about every way you can think... pics coming soon

Is your bike blue??? Like "house of colors" blue?

I ask because your bike describes (except for the engine thing) just like Travis' old XX (devilisht2003).

Mike

Is your bike blue??? Like "house of colors" blue?

I ask because your bike describes (except for the engine thing) just like Travis' old XX (devilisht2003).

Mike

Yeppers... it's the same bike, I traded him the XX for his Ducati a couple years back, and then the following year I traded him my new honda 600RR tribal edition for the XX back.... I have so much time and money invested in this bike I just can't let it go... it's kind of an obsession now... lol

Cool...

2 things...

1. When did the engine go from a 99 to an '00??

2. What did you do to it after you bought it the first time? I test rode it at Pheonix Sport Cycle about 6-8months before Travis had it and it looked about the same as it did when he bought it...

Mike

Thanks guy... glad to hear you're back on a bird - I finally got the rest of the plastics painted yellow - It looks sick parked next to the truck - I picked a paint as close to the dodge's as I could find without having it professionally mixed. BTW - if anyone has a set of stocker exaust pipes and the headers I would gladly trade the micron setup for some origionals...

Randy R - wpreptile@aol.com - Lafayette Indiana

Thanks guy... glad to hear you're back on a bird - I finally got the rest of the plastics painted yellow - It looks sick parked next to the truck - I picked a paint as close to the dodge's as I could find without having it professionally mixed. BTW - if anyone has a set of stocker exaust pipes and the headers I would gladly trade the micron setup for some origionals...

Randy R - wpreptile@aol.com - Lafayette Indiana

That color will definetly please one particular member :lol:

Randy, I noiticed you put a couple things (about your car and bike) below your name in a previous post. If you want to keep those things there permanently (like the stuff in mine and others' signatures), just go to the profile button on the top, and part way down it will say signature. Just add your stuff in teh box to the right and it will show up every time under your name.

Steve

i'll trade for the micron!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey T... if your setup is in really good shape, I'll definitely trade you for the micron stuff

If at all possible, get some good close up shots and shoot em to me when you can.

I'll be back in lafayette sometime close to the middle of nov.(going to arizona to put some finishing touches on the new house)