CBR1100XX.org Forum

18t Sprocket.

Whitey

Is there a 18t front sprocket with a rubber damper available for a 1999 xx?

I've read that a VTEC 02 VFR 800 16t sprocket will work. Is there a Honda model that had a stock 18t front sprocket with a rubber damper that will fit the xx?

Please help?

Thanks Pat.

None known.

FWIW, I've been running an undampened 18T sprocket for over a year, and have no complaints about excessive noise, etc.

I use a JT front sprocket, and it was around $20, IIRC.

• 4 weeks later...

Why an 18?

I have just gotten a regina chain/sprocket set and am going back to stock (had a 44 rear).

How do you get the front off anyway? I haven't been able to find that page in the service manual. I know you have to drain the slave clutch and then remove the cover (done). Now before I go and try to torque off the front:

[edit] DOOHH!! Well, after reading some other posts I realized I didn't need to drain it, or even remove it from the cover if I was carefull and took my time. Oh well, the fluid was starting to look kind of dingy anyway. I had to flush it out with new stuff. Yeah, that's it, I meant to do that. :oops: :D 8)

Thanks for the help [edit]

1- I want to KNOW I'm turning it in the correct rotation (counter clockwise seems to make sense)

2- what kind or puller will I need to get it off the shaft? (Hmmm...That sounds like it could be phrased better :wink: )

Any pointers?

Dameon

- no need to drain the slave, just figure a way to hang it while you take the cover off.

- you don't need a puller to get it off, my bare hands took it off once i loosed the nut ;o)

- for your other questions, i don't have answers except that in my mechanical ignorance i did it myself one weekday evening between commute days.

oh yeah, i did use a torque wrench to screw things back together.

good luck!

None known.

FWIW, I've been running an undampened 18T sprocket for over a year, and have no complaints about excessive noise, etc.

I use a JT front sprocket, and it was around $20, IIRC.

hows your fuel economy with the 18t? better than the 17t? better than the 16t :roll: