CBR1100XX.org Forum

ok...now what.....

devilisht2003

first off would a clutch slip all through the RPMs or just low? my bike is 'bogging' down again at low rpms but seems like its not the same was as it was.....kinda feels like it might be the clutch slipping but never rode a bike with a slipping clutch so i dont know.....

ideas.......

correct, a clutch will generally only slip at high throttle, usually high rpm... Just kinda feels strange because the engine keeps climbing in rpm and you don't go much faster... it just feels "non-linear"

Agree with Josh, Vacuum lines... check the ones both at the back of the airbox, and also the one at the front, near the steering head... Awhile back, I had one of those intake lean backfires blow off that front hose, but it didn't run much different... I'd check the one right under the airbox, like the one that goes to the middle of the carbs, and the one at the right rear... Any problems, I can look at it this weekend...

Mike

took the airbox off and all hoses to it were hooked up...air suction valve was just out of the boot it sits in...what about the oxygen sensor??? maaaaybe umm...............something else :? :-k :??sign:

i'll look at that tomorrow...there was a small amount of what looked like oil around the edge of the airbox/lid also after i got it back together i could hear a psst psst psst from under the tank/seat front and between the vertical parts frame

Make sure the small vacuum tubes are hooked up to the right petcock nipples.  I think that the one in the middle pointing toward the front of the bike is a fake nipple and I fell for it a few months ago and couldn't figure out what was wrong until someone pointed it out.

No, no, no... The nipple facing down is the falsy. In any case, pick the one with the hole :wink: .

My first thoughts..

Bad gas,

or slightly clogged pilot jets,

dirty Air filter,

or a K&N air filter with no oil on it,

a stuck float bowl,

a low voltage reading,

etc.

When did the problem appear, was it sudden or slow, and did you do anything right before it, like get a bad batch of gas?

My first thoughts..

Bad gas,

or slightly clogged pilot jets,

dirty Air filter,

or a K&N air filter with no oil on it,

a stuck float bowl,

a low voltage reading,

etc.

When did the problem appear, was it sudden or slow, and did you do anything right before it, like get a bad batch of gas?

gas is shell vpower like usual, air filter looks brand new, anyway to clean the jets easy? i'll try to hook up my passport and read the voltage (thats a good thought)

btw...i hear what might be a vaccum leak...maybe the rubber boots at the carb bases?

you said on the phone the vacuum leak was pulsing right? It's definately something on an intake track... You didn't forget to plug up the vacuum line going to the petcock did you? because the tank was off right?

Mike

did it once with the tank on adn once off....with it on i can still hear it