CBR1100XX.org Forum

Undertails

Bob the Fish

I'm looking to replace the stock tail with a new undertail. I had a look at a lot of XX's at NEXXT and one that I liked was John's (John01XX), but he complained that it was "cheaply made". He showed me where the paint was chipped from normal wear and tear. The plastic was also thin and loose fitting. It's a Moto Teck. In an email to me today though he suggest that they've improved their product.

Anyway, I'm looking for recommendations for undertails. Anyone got one they especially like?

I really liked 2equis tail, its very clean looking and not far from stock. I personally don't like to change things too radically from stock, so I'm not a Moto undertail fan. But the LED brake light and turn signals on 2equis looked fantastic. Very clean and professional looking - looked stock!

Perhaps he could upload a pic? :wink:

I have a Coerce that I got from Japan and have not installed. The instructions are in Japanese, but it's fairly straight foward considering what you have to do, especially if you have a service manual. If you are interested, let me know and we can work out a price. It cost me ï¿¥252,000 (~$240). Here's the official link.

http://www.dax.co.jp/coerce/fenderless/99c...9cbr1100xx.html

Good luck in whatever you end up getting. :scooter:

Rick ;

That undertail looks MINT !! Where did you get it & how much $$ did it set you back ? Did you have to paint it ? Details Details Please !! I'm getting sick at looking at my "truck mud flap " of a rear fender.

Rick ;

That undertail looks MINT !! Where did you get it & how much $$ did it set you back ? Did you have to paint it ? Details Details Please !! I'm getting sick at looking at my "truck mud flap " of a rear fender.

The company I got it from has since gone away. It comes black so I didn't have to paint it. I think I paid about $165. I didn't have to relocate the seat lock like alot of them make you do, all I did was trim the excess fender until the undertray went on.

A quick serch turned up this:

http://www.revsperformance.com/pyramid/pyr..._undertrays.htm

Rick, is the the same one that's mounted on your bike?

49632846.jpg

49632922.jpg

As luck would have it, I've got one for sale here. It's in need of a bit of prep work and paint, and it's been notched for a set of Mig mounts. For those interested, keep an eye on the for sale section, it's for a good cause.

Rick, is the the same one that's mounted on your bike?

49632846.jpg

49632922.jpg

As luck would have it, I've got one for sale here. It's in need of a bit of prep work and paint, and it's been notched for a set of Mig mounts. For those interested, keep an eye on the for sale section, it's for a good cause.

Tim, that is the one. As far as the notches, for anyone looking, I don't think they will be too noticable. Most of that lip tucks under the tail plastic. Also, for anyone with a factory silver bike thinking that one will match perfect (correct me if I'm wrong Tim) it won't. Figure on painting it. Still, it's a great undertray.

i have the new mototech it's a very nice peice and colors match i saw it on motobeagle bike before he sold it and talked to him about install, had no problems after his help, i dont have pictures of my bike with it installed but get lots of compliments on it. got it from hardracing out of north carolina fast shipping good service but make mention of the key holder clamp bracket in the tail so they send it with the tail.1-704-799-2192 thanks again motobeagle.

You can see the new Mototeck undertail in this photo:

http://www.sportbikeeffects.com/proddetail...prod=1100xx%5F2

All colors in stock and ready to ship. You can see the selection by clicking this link:

http://www.sportbikeeffects.com/products.asp?cat=8398

I would also like to take the oportunity remind members that SportbikeEffects.com gives a 10% discount to Forum members on purchases of $50.00 or more. This discount is calculated from the advertised prices (may or may not be MSRP), and applies to product totals on our Web site. It applies to all products, not just underails. Here is how it works. During the checkout phase of an online purchase, there is a box where you can place a Discount Code or Coupon Number. Your Coupon is "Blackbird". The discount will be figured automatically on checkout. Telephone orders also apply.