CBR1100XX.org Forum

a note on gas consumption

BlueBlackBird

Just did a gas usage check on the bike. 2000 with KN filter ,stock exhaust and with these prices!!!!! For my Canadian and the world friends(except U.S.) 6.8l/100km, for US friends and alot of Canadians too, 42mi/gal That was rather consevative driving, nothing over 8000 revs and not over 200km/hr, and mainly backroad riding , very little slab and very little stop and go. Im getting Micron slip-ons this week , so it will be interesting to compare . BBB

I have a 2002, stock powertrain wise and I get between 27-35 mpg depending on how I twist the loud handle. Flashing reserve light after about 5 gallons used. Usually @ 150-175 miles.

db

I have a 2002, stock powertrain wise and I get between 27-35 mpg depending on how I twist the loud handle. Flashing reserve light after about 5 gallons used. Usually @ 150-175 miles.

That sounds about right (full yoshi, pcIII), but have to be honest, never seen 35, 31 a couple of times, but never 35. Saw a 23 once, but may have been a bit more than +5 over the speed limit for most that tank.

depending on how I twist the loud handle

does that make a difference?

Worrying about mpg on an XX is like worrying about calories sneaking a large piece of cheezecake when u r on a diet. Just fucking twist it and enjoy the rush :roll: