CBR1100XX.org Forum

The slap from hell

NORDBIRD

The cam tensioner slap is really just a pain the the ass..... Where can I find an elusive X-11 tensioner... and does the (As Ron Ayers calls it) lifter set need to be replaced at the same time... :???:

Typically the problem is the "lifter", although I thought I heard someone say that their "tensioner" (the internal part) had failed also. Very rare, though.

As far as it being a pain in the ass...........it's really not. More annoying than anything.

Replacement is a breeze. Left lower, 2 bolts and a gasket. Couldn't get much easier than that.

Not sure where to get an X-11 CCT lifter, but the stockers are cheap enough that I don't mind replacing it every now and then.

Ahh yes, I meant right lower. :oops: Next time I'll hold my hands up with my index fingers and thumbs extended to figure it out........if it makes an "L" then it's definately the left. :grin: I guess I thought I did that, but I musta had my palms facing me. :wink:

Thanks for the correction, Vern. :grin:

Oh sure, you could do it the easy way, but where's the fun in that? You should see me remove the tires without any stands and adjust the chain while going down the road. :wink: :grin:

Actually, I just like to give my bike a good reach-around every now and then. :wink: