CBR1100XX.org Forum

Suspension Set Up

Tripple X Double X'er

I know didly squat about suspension set up on a motorcycle. I have read lots of threads about different set ups but I am still lost.

For starters I weigh 330lbs... no 2up riding for me :roll:

I ride mainly to work and back, but like to have some fun on the weekend, and looking for a set up that will give the bike the best handling possible.

What if any recomendations does any one have except of course the smart ass comments that I know I'm gonna get like, loose some fucking weight. :evil:

First step will be springs, which at your weight are going to be a problem.

You need the suspension in the proper range (around 1/3 compressed whilst cornering) for it to effectively do it job. Your's most likely spends most of it's time close to bottomed out. This should be the first thing you attempt to address.

Some of the other heavier guys here may be of assistance in sourcing some springs of the appropriate rate.

Guest rockmeupto125

Wilbers or Ohlins shock will come supplied with the correct weight spring, and have more sophisticated damping.

Just about all two-up rides (shut up, Trav...) are near or more than your weight...and you can haul ass two up.

Heavier fork springs and you should be set.

Spend the money on a quality shock with the right spring on it (Penske, Ohlins, or Wilbers as mentioned)

Buy the fork springs you need (probably 1.2's based on your weight), and Traxxion may be your only source for those.

Shim the rear shock 6mm, then if you need additional chassis adjustment, you can lower the front by raising the forks in the triples.

Your handling will be night & day after that. :D

Some of the other heavier guys here may be of assistance in sourcing some springs of the appropriate rate.

Who are some of the "other heavier guys"??? No one on this forum has an avatar that says I'm fat as fuck and still riding... :roll:

I'll try PM'ing them if you let me know who they are.

Try here: http//www.traxxion.com

The shock is an easy install once you have the seat removed and the tank raised.

Traxxion can set you up with the shock (already sprung to your weight), and supply the proper springs based on your weight as well.

Email them for recommendations, and let us know what they say. :D