CBR1100XX.org Forum

What kind of chain do you use?

Obby

...how many miles do you have on it, and where did you buy it?

I have the DID 530ZVMG chain. It has about 20k miles on it. Now a couple of links are kinked, it's making a clunking noise, it's has some rust spots, and it's almost a the end of the wear marker. Pretty well shot then I guess :cry:

Now i'm looking to buy a new one. Anyone know of a good place to buy?

I got my 530 zvm from www.whitebuffaloracing.com - good folks and prompt shipping. They don't carry a 110 so you'll have to buy a 120 and cut it down.

Edit: I got 18k out of the stock chain and currently have 14k on this one, I think the life you're getting is good.

DID X-ring 530 - There is a more expensive "racing" chain available, but that's double the price of the DID.

The Stealer suggested the more expensive chain due to the fact that it was made for bikes over 1000cc....

Well that sounds a bit fishy to me.

Cost was USD 121.00

You can also try Partmonster, I'm sure he can supply one.

Darn, I was hoping the masterlink was in that pic. Does it have that new nut type masterlink EK came out with? No chain riveter necessary.

I've been hearing good things about it. Good for people that don't have the $80 tool.

I've run 2 DID 530ZVM chains. 25k miles on the first, at 20k miles so far on the second, not showing much wear, might go much longer.

Bought at White Buffalo, cheapest place.

Darn, I was hoping the masterlink was in that pic. Does it have that new nut type masterlink EK came out with? No chain riveter necessary.

I've been hearing good things about it. Good for people that don't have the $80 tool.

I've run 2 DID 530ZVM chains. 25k miles on the first, at 20k miles so far on the second, not showing much wear, might go much longer.

Bought at White Buffalo, cheapest place.

My Chain has the riveter type. The new chains EK has are also lighter..... so they say.