CBR1100XX.org Forum

Cold Clutch

socalbw

I doubt the fluid is causing the "sticking", but if its dark and nasty looking I'd change it anyway. The manual calls for changing the brake and clutch fluid every 12k miles ... I ussually let mine go 20k, as I don't notice any adverse affects, but I bet yours is the original. Also, don't try it the conventional fill and bleed method. Take it to a shop that has the proper "pump" to backfill the system, so you get good pressure and feel, or else it may be "mushy" if you do it yourself. Motorcycles don't have any brake boosting system, so you will never get good pressure and all the air out the conventional way.

Have you heard about gravity bleeding?

Yes, but I don't think you get as much feel back with that method, at least that has been my experience on other bikes, so I did it that way on the XX also

• 3 years later...

Will! I can t belive you dogged me like I was a bad guy for not telling him about the clutch. and it sounded like you thought I was a shady character. sorry I though we had a better relationship than that. first off I did tell him about the clutch, I know I did, I also told him that it had done it since the day I bought it and had no real problems with it other than what he stated. but as you know I was trying to sell the bike which I thought to be well worth the price even with the clutch issue ( I put about 20000 miles on that warped clutch) I am sorry he didnt understand or misunderstood what I meant , and I didnt mean to misslead him in anyway. he also got a fucken rocken deal on that bird. while I rode it hard on occasion (yes I did quite a few wheelstands) I never abused it did all maintence religiously, and loved that bike like it was of my own blood. I know he enjoys that bike everyday, as I saw him riding often for a year or two after I sold it to him. anyway, I hope he still loves it, and hope you are doing good too. maybe we can go for ride someday, I have a spiffy new cruzer which I should be able to keep up with you on!

Will! I can t belive you dogged me like I was a bad guy for not telling him about the clutch. and it sounded like you thought I was a shady character.

Holy thread bump Batman!!!

I don't feel I "dogged" you per say but I know you enjoy the wheelies and I put 2 & 2 together, I don't know what you told him when he bought it so maybe he misunderstood what you descibed to him. :icon_think:

sorry I though we had a better relationship than that.

This thread is over 4 years old....we need relationship counseling if we are ever going to repair it..

But you never show up at the meetings.... :icon_razz:

first off I did tell him about the clutch, I know I did, I also told him that it had done it since the day I bought it and had no real problems with it other than what he stated. but as you know I was trying to sell the bike which I thought to be well worth the price even with the clutch issue ( I put about 20000 miles on that warped clutch) I am sorry he didnt understand or misunderstood what I meant , and I didnt mean to misslead him in anyway. he also got a fucken rocken deal on that bird. while I rode it hard on occasion (yes I did quite a few wheelstands) I never abused it did all maintence religiously, and loved that bike like it was of my own blood. I know he enjoys that bike everyday, as I saw him riding often for a year or two after I sold it to him. anyway, I hope he still loves it,

Pretty small world in the XX community if I can identify your ride after you sold it.... :icon_lol:

And yes I can testify that you are very proficient at teh wheelies.... :icon_wink:

and hope you are doing good too. maybe we can go for ride someday, I have a spiffy new cruzer which I should be able to keep up with you on!

Hope you are doing great as well Jimmy and you know I love you. :icon_smile: :icon_comeheresign: