CBR1100XX.org Forum

Pool time for me too!

Redd

Pool has been ordered and will arrive on August 17th. First is to get rid of the trees in the way....a 40 year old maple and pine....

My son Daniel in front of the pine..

normal_danielwithpine.JPG

Daniel in front of the maple.

normal_daielmaple.JPG

Proposed spot where the pool is going.

normal_treestocut.JPG

My friend Marcus, cutting down the maple.

normal_DCP_0562.JPG

Trees will be down this weekend....hole will be dug next week. Will post more pics soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Update....the maple was taken down last week.

Where the Maple once stood.

normal_DCP_0579.JPG

And yesterday we took out the pine. With a backhoe...it was great to watch.

normal_DCP_0578.JPG

normal_DCP_0582.JPG

normal_DCP_0583.JPG

I spent all week removing maple, and yesterday I dragged the entire pine to the burn pile and burned it. I have blisters on my hands and pine sap all over me. Today the hole was dug.....all went fine, we found some drain pipe while digging the pool hole and realized it was the old natural drainage for our house, which isnt being used because we installed a sump last year, but knew we had to dig up the pipe a bit and pack some clay in so nothing would drain to the pool hole. I left for just a few minutes, and our backhoe operator in that little time wrecked my life. I am sick.....he didnt see the paint lines marking the spot...he tore the electric conduit out of the ground and pulled the electric lines straight out of the house, and ripped in half my cable/high speed internet/phone line in conduit, that was feeding the new garage! I feel like someone killed my puppy. It was perfect, now I have to redo it all over again, and its going to be a bitch pulling all that wire again. He is a very close friend of ours, and felt horrible. But it still sucks. I tried to take a picture today and my batteries died, and I need to pick up some more. On top of that my brother came over to do some sandblasting and accidentally dumped a bunch of oil in the machine and it isnt working anymore, so that needs to be cleaned, and then the dog got sick last night and threw up on my couch and got diarhea all over the carpet, I didnt know this until I woke up this morning, and the airconditioner condenser is leaking water all over the inside of my furnace and I found a huge puddle in the basement, and after some looking can see the tray that is holding it is completely rust through, but I didnt catch it before it damaged the knotty pine wall in my finished part of the basement, that was after I stepped in some diarhea that the dog left for me down there. So other than that I'm fine. :?

I'm hoping tomorrow is better.

That sucks A.

Hopefully you've got the bad luck out of the way.

Couple questions... Why did you need to remove those trees? Looks like you had plenty of space for a pool without removing them?

Was it because you would have had to dig into the root system effectively killing the trees anyway?

Thanks Nik. Actually the maple would have been in the way...the pool sits on that spot where it once stood, I would have moved it over to the other side more, but we had underground buried electric for the new garage and I couldnt. The maple also drops thousands of helecopters every spring, it wouldnt have been good to have that over the pool. The pine we were going to keep....I wanted it for the shade, so we limbed it up to see how that would look....it was crooked and I didnt like it. After stringing up the pool layout we realized that the grade of the yard was going to change and we were going to have to raise that area 3 feet and add a retaining wall, so down it came. I am planting some new "pool friendly" trees around that area after the construction is complete, for some added shade. My lot has all mature trees....so there are many more around the whole perimeter of the yard. In fact I have 5 pines as big as the one we took down in the front yard! It used to be 7 pines, but we cut down 2 when we bought the house.

Sucks to hear of your problems. I know what you mean about having friends help. You cant complain if they fuck up or drive you nutz.

My neighbor helped me set up the pool. He just happened to be one of our county engineers and his brother is the building inspector. Talk about having everything scrutenized! He did help quite a bit but there were times I wanted him to quit with "quoting codes" and triple checking if things were level and just get busy!!

My only problem so far with our project was the guys doing the deck were a bit wreckless when backfilling. I am closely watching the pool walls to make sure they dont bend or bulge anymore than they do now. :shock:

I feel for you. :shock:

Backfilling is a pain. We are going to have a ton to do on thursday when the pool gets set in.

Here is a picture of my hole.... :lol::lol:

normal_DCP_0590.JPG

normal_DCP_0587.JPG

getting ready for the sand

normal_DCP_0593.JPG

We struck gold!!!

normal_DCP_0595.JPG

Im glad you like my big brown hole. :lol:

Yes, I have gold in my hole...dont tell everyone or they will all want to dig in my hole. 8-[

I have sand in my hole now.

normal_DCP_0597.JPG

normal_DCP_0598.JPG

Pool gets here thursday....God I hope it doesnt rain. :?

All I can say is HOLY SHIT! Im exhausted. The pool came as planned, but the truck refused to drive down the drive. We knew we had enough room, and I had 6 guys that could have jumped in and drove it down, but the truck driver refused. So that meant that we would have to do 3 crane moves before it even ended up in the back yard, and that it would have to be craned over my house....here are some pics.

Truck pulling up to the house

normal_DCP_0604.JPG

Truck getting ready for the first crane

normal_DCP_0605.JPG

Had to crane it between the maple and pine, we didnt know at this time, but the maple knocked the pin out of the hook on the crane, so the pool could have fell.

normal_DCP_0612.JPG

trying to pull it through the tree branches.

normal_DCP_0614.JPG

Pool over the house....still didnt know the pin was missing at this time.

normal_DCP_0617.JPG

Tight sqeeze,,,,have to set it down to move the crane again.

normal_DCP_0619.JPG

The missing was noticed before this crane move....Butchy, our friend thought that jamming a stick in its place would work for now, till my husband saw what he was doing and ran and got a nail. :lol:

normal_DCP_0623.JPG

Flipping the tub

normal_DCP_0628.JPG

spinning it around

normal_DCP_0630.JPG

Setting it in the hole.

normal_DCP_0632.JPG

Done....almost

normal_DCP_0634.JPG

Now to backfill, fill the pool, run the plumbing, run the electric, concrete around the pool, and install the aluminum fence...... :?

Plumbing has been run....

normal_DCP_0638.JPG

Equipment is temporarily hooked up until electrician gets here.

normal_DCP_0648.JPG

Pool is full.

normal_DCP_0646.JPG

Now for the concrete, electrician coming on Monday, and fencing. I'm so tired.