CBR1100XX.org Forum

Fuel Injected Regulator/Rectifier conversion for a Carbed XX

97 exex

is there a conversion kit so that i can adapt a FI R/R to a my carbed XX?

an online company sent me the wrong part, and dated it for a 97-03 XX. i will keep the name to myself until they screw up and don't take it back (i never tried to install it). if they jerk me around, i'll make sure and dirty their name.

where's the best place to buy an r1 regulator? ebay? online company?

an online company sent me the wrong part, and dated it for a 97-03 XX.  i will keep the name to myself until they screw up and don't take it back (i never tried to install it).  if they jerk me around, i'll make sure and dirty their name.  

where's the best place to buy an r1 regulator?  ebay?  online company?

I got mine from a guy on an r1 forum but i was watching a few on ebay if he had fallen through

Got mine off Ebay also. I think it was around $50. Not a bad investment for piece of mind. I am also on my stock battery.....97 with 21K on it :wink:

i'll keep an eye out. yeah, well, i have a BB FI reg/rec i bought for $53- if anyone needs one- i guess it is a quality R/R, though. haven't been as many problems as the first generation.

I have a 99 xx with the large finned RR. I thought it might be in trouble because the voltage fluctuates quite a bit from cold start to warmed up. In any case, I bought a 2000 or 2001 (breaker was not sure) R-1 rectifier from an oriental guy in Canada. This guy got so pissed off at my request for a tracking number, he finally pronounced me a "true moron" for which I reported him to e- bay. Nothing will come of it for either of us I am sure. The part took two weeks by ' Canadian Express post". Bottom line

If you want it I have $ 10 in the part and $10 in "express shipping". I have NO IDEA whether it works or not since I decided to keep the stock unit. If it doesn't work. Just call him up and I am sure that he will be glad to hang up in your face. He was livid that it brought so little in the first place. Can you say" free market" If you are willing to make me whole including shipping to you, it is yours. Be careful installing it and if it is bogus, I will cheerfully refund your money less your shipping charge as it was junk to me in the first place. For all of you bad mouthing the Honda unit, you should know that the guts of the Honda and Yamaha are approx the same size. The FI Honda heat sink fins are about 25% bigger. Now if I knew why they mounted the fins perpendicular to the air flow? Good Luck either way.

sorry fellas, the r/r i bought is off the market- found a shop that traded me a r/r with 5 output wires and one wire harness. he said it was off of an SRAD. nice heavy-duty unit. see how it works out.

we are back in commission and back charging!!! you were not to be found last night, my friend.

others will know better than i- just changed reg/rec with a suzuki model, and wondered if i need to insulate the plastic with heat tape?

the unit is just under the plastic and may be touching ever so slightly, but may not- its that close. will the reg/rec unit get hot enough to melt the plastic?