CBR1100XX.org Forum

Corbin GF and Lady...vibrating?

Two4One

I bought a used Corbin off of ebay. Installed it last night, went for a spin and the seat vibrates? Is this normal? I put it off and on like 5 times making sure it was locked in place correctly. All appears to be correct.

I just wanna' know if this is normal. I might have to go buy some foam to wedge in underneath to get rid of it.

Thanks!

Are you positive that its vibrating? or is it possible that you are just not used to the feel of a much firmer seat?

Are you positive that its vibrating? or is it possible that you are just not used to the feel of a much firmer seat?

Yeah I'm certain it is. I've had 3 Corbin's on 3 different bikes, none had this problem. The vibrations match the bikes other vibrations just like Cossi mentioned. Although I get the impression that the vibrations are due to the seat having some "play" once it is installed, not necessarily the foam in the seat itself. I'll try to eliminate the play and see what happens.

Thanks!

From what I understand, that's the added perk for that seat. That's why they call it "Gunfighter and LADY". Got to make it as fun as possible for 'em! :lol:

Jay

Oh for her it's great! But I'd rather not have my anus shaken like that on an involuntary basis.

Canada0937, who is the girl in your signature? Everytime I read a post you're involved I end up in a trance for at least 3 minutes watching her. Think she'd like a vibrating seat???

Does it rattle? Mine did and I bent the spot that the front tab goezinta down and it took care of it being loose.

I had to make a few adjustments too.

I had to loosen the rear hoop/loop that goes into the catch and move it to suit too. IIRC, I moved the loop to push the seat forward to surround the tank better and so hold it from sliding left and right.

There is a locking pin (U-shaped) on the rear of the Corbin. This is held bu 2 screws, and by loosening these you can move this locking pin. Try moving it a little backwards (usually it is in the most front-position), so the Corbin will fit better to the gastank. This should eliminate the vibration for the best part.... I had the same problem with all of my 3 Corbins...