CBR1100XX.org Forum

Interlocking block retaining wall.

N1K

Just got done building one on the side of my house.

When I bought the house there was some old nasty railroad ties that made a border around the shrubs etc.

I have always planned to remove the RR ties and put the interloc landscaping blocks in, but was extra motivated when I found out one of the RR ties was INFESTED with carpenter ants. I didn't want a nest so close to my house, so I was extra eager to get rid of it.

I still need to snap a picture, it was harder then I expected. If anyone is thinking of doing a retaining wall, or planter, etc with those landscaping blocks, let me know and I'll share some tips with you that REALLY make it go quicker.

Unfortunately I didn't figure them out (the shortcuts) until today, when I was just finishing up the last 8 feet or so. (been kind dinking with it over the past 2 weeks) Total, its about 50 feet long, 2 courses high (3 high including the capstone)

Will post pics tomorrow.

Now get some shrubbery in that bitch

Yeah, I totally need to get something planted...

I'm thinking some perennial grass or something the whole way up.

Now get some shrubbery in that bitch

Yeah, I totally need to get something planted...

I'm thinking some perennial grass or something the whole way up.

Yeah that would be better than blasting it with mulch like everyone seems to do. Allthough i don't know much about horticulture and species selection, I did learn from many landscape architects that, when planting seperate flowers bushes etc... you should organise them in 3's or nonsymetrical triangles to make them seem natural and lessuniform. The golden rule; never more than two plants in one single eye shot. FWIW :roll:

http://www.naturehills.com/new/product/Perennials.aspx (extended blume)

Ok i'm feeling pretty gay nowlol

need beer... and sex with wife, uggh ugh.

Bwahahaha!!!!!!!!!!! You sound like my neighbor...

I plant shit in 4's just to piss them off! And Im leaving the dead apple tree up, just because I can. Im thinking about importing some cars on blocks next. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

How you like them apples BITCH!

Bwahahaha!!!!!!!!!!! You sound like my neighbor...

I plant shit in 4's just to piss them off! And Im leaving the dead apple tree up, just because I can. Im thinking about importing some cars on blocks next. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

How you like them apples BITCH!

:lmao:

I'm dissapointed in you, you forgot the BLUE TARP on the car. :lol:

PAVE EVERYTHING!

What's with the gutter drain hanging over though. Loose it

Yeah... I need to do something with that...

hmmmm

I'm not sure what though...

Cut a 4x4 hole through the bottom of the top block. Run 4" pipe off the down spout and burry it in the bed and feed it through the block (set the block on it). Cut the pipe flush with the face of the block and get a 4x4 square drain cover from HD or lowes (the kind that sit on the pipe http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=prod...-640&lpage=none) and glue it on. Or run the pipe under the wall and get a pop-up emiter.http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=prod...422G&lpage=none