CBR1100XX.org Forum

Hawkeoiler's who uses them?

chaserkeywest

Many miles on HawkOiler, ProOiler not available when i bought Hawke:

Ups:

Quality unit, great service, worked as advertised, on demand in adverse conditions (downside to those if memory-challenged), uses M1 85w-90, solid unit...

Downs:

On demand (see above), somewhat complicated to install (ProOiler looks similar), 1 sided injection (i install HawkOiler dual tip per Warchild, works great, another $45)...

If do it again:

Quickly read ProOiler link, has dual injector, about $230+ w price being similar, like ProOiler design concept of rotatations vs. ScottOiler polling cycles. Probaby give nod to ProOiler over on-demand HawkeOiler today, both over ScottOiler.

Will ProOiler take a high quality gear oil like say a M1 85w-90? That is important...

If u buy one, i found the perfect place to put the oil reservoir that is outta sight and ez to refill. And yes, that is a trick question...

Many miles on HawkOiler, ProOiler not available when i bought Hawke:

Ups:

Quality unit, great service, worked as advertised, on demand in adverse conditions (downside to those if memory-challenged), uses M1 85w-90, solid unit...

Downs:

On demand (see above), somewhat complicated to install (ProOiler looks similar), 1 sided injection (i install HawkOiler dual tip per Warchild, works great, another $45)...

If do it again:

Quickly read ProOiler link, has dual injector, about $230+ w price being similar, like ProOiler design concept of rotatations vs. ScottOiler polling cycles. Probaby give nod to ProOiler over on-demand HawkeOiler today, both over ScottOiler.  

Will ProOiler take a high quality gear oil like say a M1 85w-90? That is important...

If u buy one, i found the perfect place to put the oil reservoir that is outta sight and ez to refill. And yes, that is a trick question...

OK bhanxx, I give up the secret hiding spot is??

Chaser

Sure will... I'm just using left over motor oil currently. Pablo's instructions are some the most complete that I've ever seen! And I noticed that he now has the option of a setup that doesn't require the magnet and pickup... Cool Beans!

between subframe rail and tail tupperware, left side, inside the grab handle to lift XX up on center stand. resevoir sits upright and simply removing seat allows u pour in more oil.

+1

• 2 weeks later...

Made a little extra money selling drugs this weekend and decided to buy a pro-oiler. I was headed toward the Scott system, didn't know pro-oiler existed. Thanks, guys!

Made a little extra money selling drugs this weekend and decided to buy a pro-oiler. I was headed toward the Scott system, didn't know pro-oiler existed. Thanks, guys!

Due to my recent crack addiction i'm selling my bird for a large coke, large fry, and a double burger.... with cheese muthafuckah!

After waiting for over a month, I recieved my Hawkeoiler.

Install was ok, built a bracket to attach bottle in tail section, easy reach to fill.

Using RK chain oil, the sticky stuff was a little tuff to prime pump and line.

I used a line vac to suck the thick sticky RG down to the chain and one push gets me 4-5 drops.

Time will tell but I'm bad about oiling chain on long trips so its a good idea

for me.

The RK comes on a 8oz. bottle and is not easily thrown off like gear oil.

Time will tell, looks good!

I used a line vac to suck the thick sticky RG down to the chain

damn good idea!

What's the weight of the RG oil and where can i get some, i've been using 85wt synthetic Mobil1

Post some pics of your resevoir hiding place and your push button, to share!

:D

I used a line vac to suck the thick sticky RG down to the chain

damn good idea!

What's the weight of the RG oil and where can i get some, i've been using 85wt synthetic Mobil1

Post some pics of your resevoir hiding place and your push button, to share!

:D

Cant get photo's posted but, I used a 3 inchX 1/2 stainless strap, hole in it

and attached it to one of the hand hold bolts,

bolted bracket that comes with kit to it.

The RK oil isnt marked weight wise but is as heavy as 90 and sticky,

thick as cool honey.

You can find it in many catalogs.

8oz bottle RK o-ring chain lube made by Maxima Racing, Santee Ca.

Sure you can pull it up on web search.

Push button is on head light switch cover in front, as on www.superblackbird.com web sight.

So from the left grip its only a stab with left hand fore finger to hit button

without taking hand off grip.