CBR1100XX.org Forum

Best Hugger, don't say Nik!

Dano

Ok ,who in your opinions makes the best hugger. I was thinking of a carbon fiber look alike or all black. Gotta get something to protect my new Wilbers. I've got a silver bird.

db

I going thru same scenerio...

After doing some surfing, the NWS is the one i've got picked out...

It has the extender on the front side to protect lower shock...

Many of them don't, and not ez to figure out...

NWS is Brit and haven't found USA dealer yet...

NWS seems to have good reports about it for quality, fit, looks and functionality...

I emailed NWS direct and they no longer ship USA direct...

Thanx Bruce, Joe.

Carbon fiber sure looks sweeeet!!!!

Is carbon fiber a good choice for a hugger? Are they more prone to chip then plastic?

Took me 8 weeks and 2 or 3 extra calls to get my pyramid plastic hugger from dynohum AKA Picotte Performance . Order guy quit , they lost my address, they had my address but, forgot what i ordered , The new picotte jester they use for a logo explains a lot .

I know they were having problems, but it see like i was dealing with clowns .

I'm not sure i would deal with them again unless i had now other options .

I got mine from StreetFightersbyDesign a few years ago. The price was right and the delivery was quick. I think I posted a note about them in the Vendors section.

I got mine from StreetFightersbyDesign a few years ago.  The price was right and the delivery was quick.  I think I posted a note about them in the Vendors section.

I got mine there, too, but I can't get it to fit properly.

My pyramid fits well, though i drilled out the holes to use the origional bolts and allow it float a bit . I figured it less chance of it stress cracking , though i have no idea if this is ever a problem .

Herb

I just called Dynamohumm and they said NWS can't work with the US anymore. Some financial issues. Said that I'd have to get a mate in the UK to pick one up and ship it across the pond.

Street fighters by design told me the same thing.

Street fighters said a group buy of 12 total, plastic and carbon combined, would get us Pyramid huggers for $130 plastic, $175 carbon plus $10 shipping anywhere in the US. About a four week lead time, from time of order. List $155 and $210.

I guess a Pyramid hugger may be in my future.

Anyone interested?

http://www.streetfightersbydesign.com/stre...fighterhome.htm

I just called Dynamohumm  and  they said NWS  can't work with the US   anymore.  Some financial issues.   Said that I'd have to get a mate in the UK  to pick one up and ship it across the pond.

Street fighters said a group by of 12 total,  plastic and carbon combined,   would get us Pyramid huggers for $130 plastic, $175  carbon  plus $10 shipping anywhere in the US.  About a four week lead time,  from time of order.  List $155 and $210.

Anyone interested?

I've also been told that the carbotech is a very nice part. Austrian made. www.streetfighters-usa.com lists them.

The only one I am aware of that has a chainguard that is (close to being) long enough is the Pyramid. All others I've seen spray chain lube on the back end of the bike....

The only one I am aware of that has a chainguard that is (close to being) long enough is the Pyramid. All others I've seen spray chain lube on the back end of the bike....

First, if your chain is throwing lube all over the place, you might consider using less of the stuff. This has never been a problem for me, there's very little fling even inside the chainguard on mine. I don't know how it ends up all over the rear end of some people's bikes.

Second, the Red Fox hugger extends back pleny far to catch any extra lube you might put on your chain :)

40142551.jpg

It does lack the protection for the lower part of the shock, though. Otherwise I'm quite happy with it.

I ordered a Red Fox hugger,on-line, from www.red-fox.com in Jan '05. Got a order confirmation emailed back and every thing.

By March I emailed asking "when?" No response. No credit card charge. A week later, no hugger, no charge and no response from email number two. Nor 3.

I gave up wondering and waiting. And today, no hugger, no charge. I don't know, YMMV.

I tried a power bronze and it was crooked beyond use. I returned it and got a refund.

I guess I'll try a pyramid next :roll: Or a red fox, again

Dan, I have a hugger sitting on a shelf above my workbench. It's gathering dust. Don't remember the brand, it cost me more than $125, but rubbed my Mototek undertail.

You can look at it if you like.........................

• 1 month later...
Street fighters said a group buy of 12 total, plastic and carbon combined, would get us Pyramid huggers for $130 plastic, $175 carbon plus $10 shipping anywhere in the US. About a four week lead time, from time of order. List $155 and $210.

Anyone interested?

I'd cetainly be interested in this. Let me know.

I ordered a Red Fox hugger,on-line, from www.red-fox.com in Jan '05. Got a order confirmation emailed back and every thing.

By March I emailed asking "when?" No response. No credit card charge. A week later, no hugger, no charge and no response from email number two. Nor 3.

I gave up wondering and waiting. And today, no hugger, no charge. I don't know, YMMV.

I guess I'll try a pyramid next :roll: Or a red fox, again

Exactly my experience with Red Fox, to the letter. I finally told my CC company to deny any

charges coming from Red Fox. I'll never try Red Fox again, period.

I just called Dynamohumm and they said NWS can't work with the US anymore. Some financial issues. Said that I'd have to get a mate in the UK to pick one up and ship it across the pond.

Anyone interested?

I asked the factory in England for pricing directly.

This was their answer:

Black hugger – GBP 69.99

Carbon hugger – GBP 115.00

Black fenda extenda – GBP 17.45

The carriage charge will depend upon the size of the box.

We will probably start a group buy soon. Let me know if you are interested....