CBR1100XX.org Forum

Mounted Contiforce tires.

Pete in PA

I mounted front and rear Contiforce tires in 3 hours flat this morning before work. No down time!

From rolling, to ready to roll again. Yes I'm proud of myself.

Scuffed them in in 10 minutes almost to the edge.

It's amazing when you put on new sneakers how great she handles again.

+1

I was amazed at how agile and light she felt after tossing on some new sneaks. It's a great feeling. I will one day get to where I can do tires myself. Congrats and enjoy!

I get about 10k out of a rear and 12k out of a front with Conti's. But some people on here only get about 5 out of a rear. So I guess the old phrase "your mileage may vary" definitely applies in this instance. I don't know why I get such high mileage, but I ain't bitchin about it :lol:

This is my first time with Contiforce but I just took off Road Attacks.

Rear Road Attack got 4400 miles to cord.

Previous rear was a Metzeler Z6 it only got 4100 miles till cord.

Contiforce's are handling great, I was racing a thunderstorm home last night, flying through the curves and they stuck like glue.

Well I've got 100% confidence in the Contiforces now.

We did a 500 mile day of backroads and twisties, tires did great!

The rear has no chicken strips the front maybe a 1/4 inch.

They don't have the rubber all balled up, stuck all over like the Road Attacks did so I think they'll last longer.

If they last till 5K miles I've got a new tire. Can't beat $180 delivered for a front and rear.

Has anyone ever tried the Maxxis Supermax ?

These we've found is a lot cheaper than the Metz, Dunlop or Bridgstones, with a hell of a improvement on grip in wet and dry...

The tire has a duel compound, hard in the centre with a kevlar band, and soft on the sides for those who really have big balls to try and scrape the fairing on the twisties.....

I've gotten 20 000 KM on a rear with 25000 on a front, and these never loose their grip when the tire gets older - like Bridgestone or Dunlop...

The Supermaxx's may be cheaper for you in SA, but they're definitely no cheaper in North America than the more popular tires.

For a new, unproven brand (Cheng Shin is their other line :roll: ), they should be cheaper, IMO, or at least be willing to provide low cost trial sets to help sell the brand.

I even tried contacting their US distributor when they first came out for a trial set, and he totally blew me off. Acted like me contacting him was a PITA for him. Didn't even offer up a discount, or help direct me as to where I could get a set.

I've yet to hear any reviews on them in North America, so until I do, I'm not paying full price to be somebody's guinea pig.