CBR1100XX.org Forum

pilot jets

bajjer9

It's part #41 on the microfiche.

it's a #42 pilot jet. I think if you go higher in number they get bigger and flow more fuel. Try a set of 44's

Honda won't sell you anything else but that size for emission reasons.

You'll have to go to Chapparal or someone who sells jets seperately.

Can't remember if it's a set of Kehins or mikuinis. (haven't looked at mine for awhile)

It's part #41 on the microfiche.

it's a #42 pilot jet. I think if you go higher in number they get bigger and flow more fuel. Try a set of 44's

Honda won't sell you anything else but that size for emission reasons.

You'll have to go to Chapparal or someone who sells jets seperately.

Can't remember if it's a set of Kehins or mikuinis. (haven't looked at mine for awhile)

Honda sold me a set of 45s...

From Ronayers.com:

Part Number: 99103-MT2-0420

Description: JET, SLOW (#42)

Price: $12.01

Source: HONDA

Exchange the part number for 99103-MT2-0450 for 45s.

BTW, 0440 didn't turn up as a good part, neither did 0430..

Carbs are Keihins.

• 1 year later...

Pardon my ignorance, but what's the difference between going up sizes on the pilot jet as opposed to turning the "pilot screws" to change the mixture?

The pilot screws will limit what the total that the jets can flow. With a larger jet, you have the ability for greater flow. The screws work more or less as limiters. Cool ?

Pardon my ignorance, but what's the difference between going up sizes on the pilot jet as opposed to turning the "pilot screws" to change the mixture?

The pilot screws will limit what the total that the jets can flow. With a larger jet, you have the ability for greater flow. The screws work more or less as limiters. Cool ?

Gotcha.....but one more question. When you are turning the pilot screws, are you adjusting airflow (like an air bypass circuit) or are you adjusting fuel flow?

Also, most inline 4's have different jets for the inner carbs vs. the outer. does anyone know if that s the case on the XX as well?

Gotcha.....but one more question. When you are turning the pilot screws, are you adjusting airflow (like an air bypass circuit) or are you adjusting fuel flow?

A general rule of thumb is.... if the screw is located after the slide it's a fuel screw.... if it's before the slide it's probably an air screw.

IF it's an Air screw, and you are inbetween 1 turn out and 2 1/2 turns out... the pilot jet is fine.

• 2 months later...

I pulled this up again because THAT was my question...How do the pilot jet and pilot screw work, seperately or together.

On the XX the pilot screw adjusts fuel at idle, turned all the way in, no fuel.

This last time I just pulled my carbs I looked closely and the pilot screw is it's own seperate circuit. It bleeds fuel for idle only. as soon as you crack the throttle plates, the pilot jet also comes into play and only then do they work together.

I also went from the stock 42 to 45 (next available size) and just looking down the hole at a white background with both next to each other I can't see that the 45 is bigger. It must be a REAL tiny amount.

I have read where the concensus is 3 turns out from fully seated on the pilot screws. My question is, has anyone counted the number of turns their pilot screws were when they were factory preset? Just curious how close they were to the recommended 3 turns out.

anywhere from only 3/4 to closed! This is how they pass the EPA polution tests.

Funny thing is per the manual the final opening after the idle drop procedure (ignore this) is 3/4 open, but then in the high alltitude setting they have you close the pilots 3/4 a turn. That would close them all! How would it idle?