CBR1100XX.org Forum

flat rear tire on bird plug patch didnr work

slyxdevil

last sunday was out and whent down to jersey shore traffic was crazy on garden state parkway on way home despite the fact i tell everyone stay off shoulder thats where all the nails and shit are i decided to ride the shoulder instead of sitting in stand still traffic like 15 bikes followed me

but i was one to get flat on brand new dunlop d205 i was towed home next day went to dealer and they only had a dunlop d 208 so my rear is a 208 and front 205 however both tires are recommended for blackbird 205 being o.e.m replacement 208 as alternitive im not big on mixing tires and never did however compound is same rear just has diff tread design bike feels great though i guess i will change the front to 208 next

The 208 is definitely a softer compound than the 205, so ridden hard enough, your front end is likely to let go before the rear will.

The 208 will also have a significantly shorter lifespan than the 205 did.

last sunday was out and whent down to jersey shore  traffic was crazy on garden state parkway on way home despite the fact i tell everyone stay off shoulder thats where all the nails and shit are i decided to ride the shoulder instead of sitting in stand still traffic  like 15 bikes followed me  

but i was one to get flat on brand new dunlop d205 i was towed home next day went to dealer and they only had a dunlop d 208 so my rear is a 208 and front 205 however both tires are recommended for blackbird 205 being o.e.m replacement 208 as alternitive im not big on mixing tires and never did however compound is same rear just has diff tread design bike feels great though i guess i will change the front to 208 next

That is the longest sentence i have ever read in my life :shock:

Don't worry, you won't like the 205 after a few thousand miles anyway. I'd put the 208 on front pronto. Like northman said, the 208 is a softer compound and you'll loose traction on the front before the rear.

according to dunlop the 208 is same .just updated version just the 208 warms up a tad quicker ..not really notice able to me ..anyway i will just change front too as its cheaper than rear.. and just run two 208s as i love them way better than the battle axes that were on there stock.. 208 is full sport tire 205 is sport touring