CBR1100XX.org Forum

K&N Filter Recharge.........?????????

willxx23

Anyone have any tip & trick for drying this thing fast when its wet??

The kit says not to put it in a dryer :roll:

I was wondering if using a low temp blow dryer would be ok? :flamethrower:

Just do it at the end of the day and let it dry over night, throw it in in the morning.... If you have already done it, after the next 50K miles, do the above.

MaXX

Just do it at the end of the day and let it dry over night, throw it in in the morning....  If you have already done it, after the next 50K miles, do the above.

MaXX

Thx.

Looks like I get to get dirty tomorrow too :(

I wash it, then shoot air through it with the compressor and lay it out in the sun for a couple hours, usually does fine. I also started using the spray K&N oil, rather than the little blister packs. very much better :D

I wash it, then shoot air through it with the compressor and lay it out in the sun for a couple hours, usually does fine.  I also started using the spray K&N oil, rather than the little blister packs.  very much better :D

:tisktisk:

It says right on the bottle DO NOT USE COMPRESSED AIR :P

I have the spray oil as well oh and I used the hair dryer it's all buttoned up now. :wink:

What I have done with my car K&Ns, assuming it's summer time, is set them on top of my air conditioning condensor (the fan thingy outside the house that blow hot air :wink: ). It's not too strong of a breeze and it's nice and warm.

I had the same problem when doing mine... :?

Ended up leaving it sit in the sun on the black trampoline for a couple hours, flipping it every 15 minutes or so.

Would be one thing if I was changing the plugs, etc... and was expecting to spend that much time drying/etc.

Was worth it, though. The filter was a MESS, and I certainly got some power back after it was clean.

Nexxt time I'll tear it apart in the evening, clean it, then button it up the following AM. It's just a bit of a pain to have to wait for it to dry.

I should have clarified.....I don't hold the nozzle right up against the element and let 'er rip :lol: I hold the nozzle about 2 feet away with one hand, and the filter up with the other, it's more to just get the BIG drops out :lol::lol: Same filter, 3 years now, no problems (yet)

I should have clarified.....I don't hold the nozzle right up against the element and let 'er rip :lol: I hold the nozzle about 2 feet away with one hand, and the filter up with the other, it's more to just get the BIG drops out :lol::lol: Same filter, 3 years now, no problems (yet)

Thats why I used this: :P

I knew what you mean't :wink:

I did the hair dryer technique it worked very well and I would have used the air compressor but I don't seem to have one of those laying around here :P

I concede, you are a formidable foe Will :lol::lol:

See you in a week biotch :P:lol: