CBR1100XX.org Forum

Honda Motor Oil HP4 (Gold Bottle, Synthetic Blend)

TAPnTXs

Well after delibrating on all the oils out there presently. I decided to go with Honda's Synthetic Blend (Gold Bottle). Here are the results, I found the bike to run cooler than, Honda's Standard 10W40 oil, and much Cooler than Amsoil's 20W50. I went riding today, it was around 95 and the bike was running around 185 when cruising at 75. Also I want to note, the bike is shifting smoother than it ever has. Also I ordered a power Commander, and I am not sure why now, before with the other oils there was a really bad hesitation off of idle, it is practically gone now. I am still puzzled about that one. Also I looked at several of the filters that were recommended here, I noticed that most did not have the build quality of the Honda Filter, I took a new honda Filter and compared them side by side Visually of Course. The Honda Filter seems to be built better. And as far as saving a few bucks, it just is not worth it to me. Just my $.02 worth of course. BTW, my bike is an 03 XX with D&D Slip-Ons, It just keeps getting better.

Todd

OOPs forgot, Also the gas mileage is much better now too!!!, and It was really windy today, so it is probably going to be even better on a calm day.

I usually poke the bottom of all my (car, truck, tractor) oil filters with an ice pick to drain as much oil from them as possible before I throw them in the recycle can. After repeated attempts to penetrate the bottom of an OEM Honda XX filter, I had to give up before I destroyed the ice pick and the oil drain pan. The Honda filter was in no danger.