CBR1100XX.org Forum

Right side lower fairing

Dos X

I am in the process of ordering a right side lower fairing from Ron Ayers. Has anybody ordered either lower fairings from Ron Ayers and if so did it come with the foam pieces for heat protection on the inside or did those have to be ordered separately?

Also, on the 01 birds there is a piece that bolts directly to the frame that protrudes about an inch that facilitates the fastening of the fairing. This is the piece where frame sliders are routinely bolted on. I do not see this piece on Ron Ayers site. Is anybody familiar with the piece and what it's part number might be?

Thanks,

Jason

That "piece" you're referring to is welded to the frame. If it's missing, it got knocked off. If so, find a threaded bushing of the correct size or, even a couple of nuts welded together and weld them on will do the same thing. Make the inner nut larger than the outer one.

I was pricing for my deer damage and Service Honda is the cheapest.

STILL $1000 though. :shock: :cry: for upper, left lower and seat cowl.

Is there anywhere cheaper yet I don't know about?

Why are these pieces so expensive?

Since Honda is the only source for these parts, they have everybody by the balls. And they enjoy squeezing..........I used to be able to buy an unpainted part for $5.37. Painted, it retails for $167. This part is no larger than your hand, and no longer available unpainted. Its the way the game is played.....keep the KY jelly handy.

I think Dirt Bike mag. did a piece years ago where they took a CR125 and added all the parts up and it came to $30,000 or so.

FOR A $3000 bike!

$1000 ia a little less then 1/4 of what my bike could sell for. :roll: