CBR1100XX.org Forum

What's the secret to power with this bike?

Master Of Pain

I have the 97' bird, with a Yoshi full system and a Factory jet kit including a K&N filter. Excluding N02, what other mods make big power on this bike, and where does one obtain these mods?

Short of a turbo or extensive engine modification, there's not a whole lot to be done once you've sorted the exhaust and carburation, which you've already done.

I gotta agree with BDAZ XX on this one. Regearing will give you the most bang for your buck on the XX. I've went down 1 tooth in front and up 1 on back for a 16/46 gear. My bike will still hit high 160's but it gets there quicker. It's a handfull in first though.

it throws the speedp off they sell a box called the yellow box that will correct it i have stock 17t front on there now but have a 15t and a 16t i can put on not worried avout speedo more worried about keeping front end down on ground as wheelies with ease now

the yellow box corrects speedo when you make changes ive seen the ad in back of cycleworld mag and sport rider magazine try the internt or e bay search yahoo fo yellow box or lil yellow box