CBR1100XX.org Forum

Source for Radiator?

Cruzmsl

Any one know of a source for radiators? My XX has been running hotter than normal lately, particularly at lower speeds but now it's a bit warmer than usual at the higher speeds as well. Fan works, just changed the coolant, water pump appears to be working. Took a good look at my radiator and it doesn't seem to be "flowing" air all that well due to some sort of white build up. Tried washing it off and evn tried very gentle scrubbing with a soft brush but it didn't come off.

Honda wants $510. for a new one. Ouch!

Any sources?

I'd try Ebay or some of the online salvage yards. Just do a search for used Japanese motorcycle parts, you'll get the phone book. Maybe one is close to you. Try Joe (Rockmeupto125), he ususally has a few spare parts or knows how to get them. I have no idea what the white stuff is, but it definately does not sound right. You might also try taking the radiator to a radiator repair place to boil out and check the function. I did that with my truck's radiator last summer. Ran about $75, but it came back looking like new. A cheap alternative to buying new. Good luck. Later, Sean.

An old auto trick, is to feel different parts of the radiator, if it feels cool in an area then that where the blockage is, I imagine a radiator shop would have a digital probe. This could help confirm radiator problems.

Another possibilty -I just bought a complete right mirror for $25 from petes-sportbike-parts (Quebec- Canada) and recieved it super quick. He had a ton of other stuff his E-mail is srad@videotron.ca Hope it helps P.S. shipping was only $6 to Sacramento