CBR1100XX.org Forum

PC Map?

ZeeBeast

Anyone have a Dynojet map suited for the '02 XX with full Akra pipe? All I can find on the disc they provided is a full TBR system. I know there are some Akra customs floating around out there somewhere. Please, please oh, please help me make HP and get better gas milage. :D

Closest they have on the Dynojet map database ( http://www.powercommander.com/113-211.shtml ) is a euro w/ akra and O2 eliminator. I'm not sure of mapping differences between here and Europe, so you may be closer using the TBR map made for U.S. models.

Or pay to have tuned like Mr. Keeper suggested, that's the best bet assuming it's in the budget.

they say that euro gas is bad so have to run leaner. didnt make sense to me either till i tried them. not sure what is different about their gas but must not burn as fast or smooth. i would look at m012-010 if you want premium gas advanced timing

Thanks for the input. Guess there isn't a DJ map specifically for this setup. I sure don't want to start running premium if I don't have too! When I had a ZX12, folks were sharing custom maps. Thought there might be something like that for the XX floating around.

Friend of mine with an 02 has a custom made map, but it's for drag racing and doesn't really do much for the lower half of the RPM. He had it tuned on oxygenated race fuel as well. :wink:

I am building a map for mine after buying a innovate lm1 air fuel meter or wide band o2 which gives over 40 min. of recording while running. I posted some numbers in the pair valve removal post in for sale section after removing the pair valves. The program I was running was the euro program. My motor is basically stock but not anything else,as you can see.

The numbers are intresting and was just a three gear pass. I am going to run some of the programs and record how they look before I

run the one I made to see how they react. Will post in the garage when I get done.

For info I am running a set of hand built headers and they are open in the run posed. I have a set of ducati mufflers with the baffel cut out for the street and will show the difference.This is the only way I could tune as the dyno here will only fit a bike. They charge 250 to build a program for you.

A local stealer only wants $75 for a dyno tune. You must put on the PC. Or its like $150 or something for them to do it and dyno tune her...

I talked to the shop manager about doing it at their last open house and free dyno runs..

A Harley cop bike with Screaming Eagle pipes and ignition only makes 80hp, he was impressed :shock:

I laughed behind his back :lol:

I'll be watching for your test results trurotor. I started to modify the basic map just to try some stuff, but got skeerd and stopped. I find that on hard acceleration, there is a range where the bike pulls noticably harder when I back off the throttle a bit. Upper mid-range I'd estimate. Gotta get some more hard facts on that. Also notice that the TBR map has big-time negative numbers at WoT in that same range. WTF?

Hey keeper, that sounds like a hell of a deal on a dyno-tune map. I have been told $250 and up! Screw that. :? I'd rather bolt the stockers back on!

When I had my Akra on, I didn't have a PC and still don't. It ran fine without a power commander on it. It probably would have run better with one, but it won't hurt anything without it.

My jaw dropped to the floor when he told me.. $75 They are a Honda only shop, buddy of mine knows the shop manager real good and speak highly of him. He has had 3 Honda bikes, and a Honda 400EX and he is the only guy that touches them. (Buddy won't even change his own oil)

Real great place. There was a couple on a GoldWing that had a trunk "open" light lighting up. They took the Goldwing and spent about 45 minutes adjusting the sensors in the trunks. Sat it back down off their work lift, and told them to have a good day. :shock: Told them that they shouldn't of had any problems like that on Honda.

Now if I can ever get a PCIII and get over there. New kid keeps eating into my play funds :?

Dynojet has a system which when the bike is on the dyno run it makes a map for the bike. That is what they wanted 250 for here. The shop could not keep up with the subscription cost and quit using it. A larger shop might still use it.

I find that on hard acceleration, there is a range where the bike pulls noticably harder when I back off the throttle a bit

They told me that if anything the bird is fat in that area and the programs are all leaned out to correct. This is due to the mufflers. How well your exhaust flows at that point the richer the program need to be. This is around 5,000 rpm to 7,000 rpm. That is why there is such a hit at 7,000 rpm because it cleans up. When I run without mufflers I need more fuel there and with them less. Also shows up in engine temps. If you have good exhaust will run hotter at that rpm. Will even overheat without mufflers. I have mine as rich as The program will let me. If you look at the numbers on the programs for the aap chart you can tell which exhaust is the best flowing.

Better flow more fuel. Bad flow less fuel. Stock is bad flow at that rpm.

So if I am reading the numbers in the map right, a negative number in a certain line and column means the fuel flow is being reduced by that percentage(?) from a baseline? Hell, I wish I undrstood at least half of what I know! :?

Donnie, I hadn't considered trying to run the Akra without the PCIII. Might be worth a try just for the heck of it. I know either the pipe/PC combination or one-or-the-other punts my gas milage out the window! :cry:

Adding to my woes, I installed the Speedohealer and programmed in a correction factor based on the 191-indicated equals 178-actual someone had posted here earlier. Everything seemed fine but when I hit the cruise control switch, it will not engage now. Shit! What next! I am beginning to think that the Bird just likes to be left the hell alone to do it's thing. :D

Usually just adding a pipe won't change the fuel mileage much at all. When you start messing with the power commander and add fuel to it, your mileage will decrease. There are a couple people on the board that have tuned their power commander for mileage rather than power. In most maps you get, the power commander is set up for an increase in power and driveability rather than mileage.

The stock numbers are all "0"'s. The DJ program for stock bike shows the numbers to improve performance over stock. All numbers over 9 are not useable as this caused error lights with the computer on the bird. But are interesting in that it is what it wants but can't have. I have not determined what if any relationship the numbers have to any thing yet as to percentages of fuel. But the aap chart is barriometric pressure and is related to that in that 13 would be sea level and 0 space and you are adjusting the difference from the program from honda and where you are and adding in adjustments for equipment.

Kinda hard to explain,,,,,am I being understandable????

At least I now know the numbers are not percentages! Yes, I basically follow what you're saying. I understand enough to leave it alone. :oops:

Gonna try the pipe and stock controller. Might throw a stock map in the PC after awhile and see how that performs. I was amazed at how quickly the fuel bars were blinking out yesterday with the PC on it. Tokk it to my secret high-desert test track for a bit of top end and the last bar made it less than 10-miles with only one 1st-thru-5th blast! :roll:

High desert in AL ?? :shock:

I have a TiForce setup on mine, supposed to be a little better (cost more) than the Akra and am running it without the PC2 installed and it runs sweet. When I bought the bike it had the PC and a Yoshi system. Had it dynoed and was making 140 hp and 80 ft. pounds of tq. Mileage was about 32 mpg. I pulled the PC2 and did not notice any performance decrease and mileage went to 38 mpg.

I am seriously considering having a custom map done that will be leaned out at part throttle mid rpms for highway / town mileage and set for max power above that. Bob Lundfords Honda has a really knowledgable older mech. that does tuning for racers to do the map.

If I do that I'll post the results

Porter 2000 model

Guest rockmeupto125
My jaw dropped to the floor when he told me.. $75 They are a Honda only shop, buddy of mine knows the shop manager real good and speak highly of him. He has had 3 Honda bikes, and a Honda 400EX and he is the only guy that touches them. (Buddy won't even change his own oil)

Real great place. There was a couple on a GoldWing that had a trunk "open" light lighting up. They took the Goldwing and spent about 45 minutes adjusting the sensors in the trunks. Sat it back down off their work lift, and told them to have a good day. :shock: Told them that they shouldn't of had any problems like that on Honda.

Now if I can ever get a PCIII and get over there. New kid keeps eating into my play funds :?

That's a day trip, and worth the nealy $200 savings. PM me the details.

porterb123.....now that's what I am looking at too. The friggin fuel numbers are 25% off!

Did I say Hi Desert? I meant high dessert. Like in double-fudge sundaies with whipped creme and nuts. :-)

You been playing in my back yard again haven't you Zee.

That's the top secret top speed testing facility that's a secret to the people that don't know the handshake. :lol:

You got it. Ain't about to reveal the location to the general public. :D

I Unplugged the PC. It seems to run almost as good (seat-of-the-pants-dyno) in the low range, but there is a definate loss of power at the top. I can live with that if the fuel guage like this combination, I'll save the PC for use in the mountains and for rare high speed competition. :twisted:

Talked to Brian today, the other guy with the 02 set up for dragging, and he got his tuned at a Ducati place in Atlanta. Ductune or something like that. I can get the number if you'd like. Good service and a good price for a complete tune on the dyno. The guy doesn't use the dynojet software that tunes the PC, but tunes it himself and gets better results.