CBR1100XX.org Forum

Mobile One Syn. Motorcycle Oil?

Rubcicube

Time to change from dino oil to Mobile 1. Went to the local Auto Zone and saw Mobile 1 4-cycle motorcycle syn. oil in both 10-40 & 20-50 as well as the regular Mobile 1. I had never seen motorcycle specific Mobile 1 before. Other than $3.00 a quart more, is there any difference?

Reading the labels off the containers did not clear anything up. The word transmission appears on the motorcycle oil but not the other. Does anyone have any experience with or knowledge of the motorcycle specific oil? Is it worth the $3.00 premium per quart? Thank in advance.

Um, are you sure you're looking at the right stuff? I bought some of the recommended basic GP-4 oil for my bike and it cost $5.00/quart. I would think Mobil 1 is MORE expensive.

Joe

Joe,

Both oils were Mobile 1. The motorcycle specific container looks the same except for the" Motorcycle 4-cycle" wording and slightly different label coloring. Mobile 1 $4.99, Mobile 1 motorcycle oil $7.99. Both syn. oils.

Nobody knows the difference except Mobil, and they aren't telling. Nearly all BMW riders use Mobil 1 car oil. I've used it for over ten years. There are billions of miles on bikes using Mobil 1 car oil.

It's your money.

I Just now started using the M1 15-50 and my bike seems to love it.

It is much quiter, and no more "click-clack" lol

Cost me $5.99/QT wow, but well worth it. What sucks is, I just got my new oil pan in and now I have 0 miles on the oil; in her and now I will be waisting it, BooHoo, But thats OK I will know that my motor is super clean now! :lol:

LOL, yes New Oil pan Joe!

I told you my bike needs some work, I was not joking Joe. The oil pan on it is missing the right side fairing mount, other then that it is in great shape!

Someone said I should have just made a piece to bolt to, but that would be gaff!

Joe you need a oil pan?

BTW- Did you get the picture of that duct I sent you? I still have a bad need for it!

LMK and if you did not get it give me your email again and I will send it again!