CBR1100XX.org Forum

Synthetic oil?

pdsw60

OK, your mileage is fine for synthetic. The type of oil you use is whatever kind you like. Don't start another Oil War. Personally, I use Mobil 1 15-50 non energy conserving. You can use just about any oil, results may or may not vary.

Fuck that, you have to use Castrol Syntec, 5w50... I use it in my truck, track bike, lawn mower, 4 wheeler, snow blower, popcorn, my other truck, my other motorcycle, for anal....

KY liquid, it really smooths out the shifting! :P

Shifting or shitting? :P:P

I personally use bacon grease. This way, whoever's following me gets so hungry from the smell of cooking bacon they offer to buy me lunch if we can stop and eat. :wink:

Just remember, when you're changing your oil to REALLY tighten down the drain bolt. Cracked pans ROCK! :lol::lol::lol:

I personally use bacon grease. This way, whoever's following me gets so hungry from the smell of cooking bacon they offer to buy me lunch if we can stop and eat.

Come on don't be telling lies !!

You know the real reason you use bacon grease is so that it smells like a Harley Hog. :wink:

:twisted:

For truly optimum performance and dependability, I use (and highly recommend) K-Y Jelly mixed with 18 oz of powdered graphite. Smoooooooooooooooooth.

Guest rockmeupto125
I just bought a 02 XX with 2800 miles on it. When or should I switch to synthetic oil? Also what brand and weight should I use?

Thursday is when you should do it. Brand and weight are your call. Thinner weight it better.

Dennis........no problems here....that includes many dragstrip runs and two-up duty hauling my lead ass around.

Has anyone had any problems with using synthetic oil? I am an Amsoil dealer and wanted to switch my bird, but am reluctant do to clutch slippage that I've heard about.

I've used synthetic in a number of different bikes w/o problem.

I just put in the Amsoil to try it out but my Stator died so I can't give an opinion yet.

Wait a minute, I put the Amsoil in and then my stator died!!!!!!

God damn you Dennis, you owe me 400.00!!!!!!!!!!

PAY UP COCKSUCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:twisted:

The Choice for Oil is.... I am new here but it seems like the issue of oil has been a hot one. What I don't understand is I haven't found a post yet that actually picks the right oil. Red Line 10w-40 is the correct choice (let the flaming begin). There is NO clutch slip. That's a myth. No, I don't work for Red Line. I just use it in everything I've got.

The Choice for Oil is.... I am new here but it seems like the issue of oil has been a hot one. What I don't understand is I haven't found a post yet that actually picks the right oil. Red Line 10w-40 is the correct choice (let the flaming begin). There is NO clutch slip. That's a myth. No, I don't work for Red Line. I just use it in everything I've got.

Dennis---as an Amsoil Dealer you owe it to yourself and your customers to invest in a call to the Amsoil engineering/tech folks and find out why they claim it to be better than others. I did---and what they told me made a whole lot of sense---and I have used their products for years-----no clutch slip---but do give them a call---it's worth it. Happy trails kel