CBR1100XX.org Forum

What Ever Happened to Mirths Akra Map???

AlphaBird

I believe he had dyno problems. :sad:

I too have the Akra full, PC combo w/ stock map. There was a noticeable difference and the bike runs great. The question is, what if any difference would there be to loading one of the maps off of the DJ website? I was looking @ the "Erion full system w/ stock air filter". Would this be the most compatable interim setup, or should I let well enough alone?

Thanks

I contacted my local Power Commander Tuning Center who stated that it would cost about $270.00 for a custom MAP for the Akrapovic full exhaust and stock or aftermarket air filter :shock:

I'm still waiting for my full exhaust (Akrapovic Sport Production Line) and PCIII to come in.

Anyone want to buy in for the custom MAP? :wink:

P. S.

I emailed DynoJet/Power Commander R&D who advised that Map 113-003 (Two Brothers Racing full exhaust and stock or aftermarket air filter) should get everything in the right direction :roll:

I will call Dan Kyle Today and see if he is game--has all the required fans, etc-see what I can set up--I have a 2002 XX CA, with a full Akra PC3, I also have the baseline dyno run of the stock bike on Dans Dyno---cost-wise I would be willing to "work something out"----for me, I want a map that I know is optimum performance--not interested in an "economy map" but I think Mirth has one

I'm in for the performance map, let me know how much.

2002 CA XX

Akra sport production full system

PC3

O2 plug

Thanks, Lance

It might be a few weeks or so before I get my PCIII custom mapped. I'll have to check and see if my 2002 XX needs the O2 Plug... I was advised by Dakota that only the CA and European models use the plug (Can anyone else confirm this?).

I'm still waiting for my Akrapovic full exhaust system (Sport Production Line) to come in, but I have received the PCIII and the O2 Plug (if needed) on Tuesday (06/10) which I will be installing this afternoon (06/11) :)

...stock map for now :roll:

Obviously the price for the buy in for the custom map will depend on the number of people interested. I'm planning to have it mapped/optimized for all out performance rather than fuel economy :twisted:

Also, I read somewhere in an earlier post that the XX actually loses HP with a K & N filter ...what is the general consensus? If it helps in the long run, I will order one and install it before I have the custom map created.

• 3 months later...