CBR1100XX.org Forum

YOU GUYS WERE RIGHT (Warning its about tires!!!)

bbirdxx2000

I want to thank Carlos and Hugo :grin: , and a bunch more :grin: , everthing you said about the Avons 45/46 was dead on :cool: went for a hard 400+ mile run today :grin: and have never gone that fast in the turns :cool: started out with 1" chicken strip :oops: , at the end of the day down to 1/4 :grin: , and that will be gone in a few weeks :cool: . the bike just wants to fall into the turn, very little effort to make a high speed turn 90+ MPH :shock: :shock: , not to mention extremly stable. the only thing the Pilot Roads have on the Avons is smoothness, but I can live with that :wink:

THANKS EVERYONE :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Harry

I agree Harry. Just put on 250 miles today on them. I am not set for next week. Really like these tires so far.

Ken

That 208 will be just a memory in less than 2000 miles. The Avons appear to be the latest thing, but does anyone have any review on the Avon's wet weather grip? I can already attest to the Michelin's performance in that department.

Wet weather grip???????? I'm just shy of 2600 miles on the 45/46 combo.

It seemed like today, on the way to work, that the "stickness" was starting to wear away in turns. I just had to wait for them to heat up and they felt fine.

I'm sorry, i forgot to say that i ride in the rain alot and like them very much, but on the way to work today, they didn't feel right. I only drive about a mile this morning when the back end started kicking out on me in a slow speed bend and not a real far lean angle. It sorta suprised me.

But then later in my ride to work, they worked fine. It just seemed like it took longer for them to warm up today for some reason.

I'm sorry, i forgot to say that i ride in the rain alot and like them very much, but on the way to work today, they didn't feel right. I only drive about a mile this morning when the back end started kicking out on me in a slow speed bend and not a real far lean angle. It sorta suprised me.

But then later in my ride to work, they worked fine. It just seemed like it took longer for them to warm up today for some reason.

If it does not feel right, it ain't right.

In my experience, they are a little too sensitive to tar patches and other things when it gets wet. Also, a mile might be short as war-up time. You may want drop the pressure a bit.

Hugo