CBR1100XX.org Forum

Gerbing electric jacket liner.

Pete in PA

Just bought a Gerbing electric jacket liner, all I can say is WOW! I should have gone electric many years ago.

Rode yesterday at 28 deg F. for 2 hours. Had on Jeans, a flannel shirt, the Gerbing, and my Tourmaster riding suit. It was like riding in a car! I didn't even remember it was cold out till I opened the faceshield at stops to defog!

The best way to describe it is it feels like the sun is warming your back, and all over.

When I used to ride with just the Tourmaster, I would slowly get chilled all over as my body heat left in about a hour.

I mounted the thermostat on the left lower front of my tank bra, works great.

I bought it locally at my Honda dealer since they charged the same as the website.

$199 for the jacket, $69 for the heattroller.

http://www.gerbing.com/pages/motorcycle.html

BTW we need a gear catagory here. I thought this was better posted here than in the pub.

I take it has full sleeves.  Is it very thick?  In other words, would you need a bigger leather jacket to wear this under?

just to add to the thread I had difficulty wearing a flannel shirt under my jacket to keep warm but when I bought the gerbing it was thin and flimsy...It fit great under my jacket and puts out some nice heat!! Another plus is the collar flips up to cover your neck with its heat. very nice setup!