CBR1100XX.org Forum

Live Bait Larry's Footpeg Lowering Kit

Mike Millsap

A knee injury is causing me to have some interest in lower footpegs for my Blackbird.

A vendor who sells aftermarket items for the ST1300 has a footpeg lowering kit that, from the photos, would appear to possibly work on the Blackbird. The mounting bracket for the footpeg looks to be identical for both my ST1300 and my Blackbird. The dimension between the two tabs of the bracket measures 7/8" but I have not tried switching pegs yet.

Before trying a switch, perhpas someone has given this kit a try, and, if so, can relate the results?

Please see at:

http://www.motorcyclelarry.com/st1300_footpeg.asp

Mike Millsap

Lubbock, Texas

'02 CBR1100XX

'04 ST1300

Haven't hear of anyone using those yet. But there are quite a few using pegs from a buell. Buel Part #N0006.1AD Rider footpegs for XB Models.

With a very slight mod they lower the pegs about a inch. And run about $25US. Do a search u should find lots of info if interested I ordered a set for mine but they haven't got here yet.

Iceman,

I also have a pair of the Buell pegs ordered, but I'm thinking about cancelling the order until I find out if this kit will work. This kit might not need the modifications required to install the Buell pegs and may allow use of the OEM Blackbird pegs.

Mike,

That kit will extend the pegs outward by what seams like 1-2". This combined with being lowered would most likely be a problem in cornering on the XX. Read up on the Buell peg install I did. At 300 lbs I stood on each one to test strength, no problems. Have a table grinder ready to take a few 1/16 of metal off to make them fit in the Honda mount. There is a lot of metal there, so there isnt a question of them holding up. Some guys have shimmed the honda mounting pin. I just took the Buell's to a hardware store and bought new pins and cotters to fit them and drilled out the brackets on the XX itself. The whole process took less than one hour per side and I am sure it would have been quicker had I not tryed using a dremmel tool and went straight for the bench grinder. The XB's come polished and look real good. DevilshT2003 has sat on my bike and was amazed at the difference. A few other sport bike riders have given the install a good looking over to see if it would work on theirs too. Comfort level is great. PM me with any questions.

Josh, thank you very much for your informative reply. I should have the Buell parts in soon and will contact you if I have problems. I have Larry's kit coming for my ST1300 so I may do some sort of comparison and then write a report with measurements for this fourm. Thanks again,

Mike,

That kit will extend the pegs outward by what seams like 1-2". This combined with being lowered would most likely be a problem in cornering on the XX. Read up on the Buell peg install I did. At 300 lbs I stood on each one to test strength, no problems. Have a table grinder ready to take a few 1/16 of metal off to make them fit in the Honda mount. There is a lot of metal there, so there isnt a question of them holding up. Some guys have shimmed the honda mounting pin. I just took the Buell's to a hardware store and bought new pins and cotters to fit them and drilled out the brackets on the XX itself. The whole process took less than one hour per side and I am sure it would have been quicker had I not tryed using a dremmel tool and went straight for the bench grinder. The XB's come polished and look real good. DevilshT2003 has sat on my bike and was amazed at the difference. A few other sport bike riders have given the install a good looking over to see if it would work on theirs too. Comfort level is great. PM me with any questions.

:worthless:

At 300 lbs I stood on each one to test strength, no problems.

Jesus Josh :shock: I don't know if the beds at the Hilton will handle our combined 580 lbs. What will we do at Hookers :?: I aint sleeping on the floor either :evil:

:lol::lol:

At 300 lbs I stood on each one to test strength, no problems.

Jesus Josh :shock: I don't know if the beds at the Hilton will handle our combined 580 lbs. What will we do at Hookers :?: I aint sleeping on the floor either :evil:

:lol::lol:

Who said I would let you sleep? :naughty:

:fingers:

Josh, thank you very much for your informative reply. I should have the Buell parts in soon and will contact you if I have problems. I have Larry's kit coming for my ST1300 so I may do some sort of comparison and then write a report with measurements for this fourm. Thanks again,

I'm going to get the a friend to do the metal work on the buell pegs to make them fit with the stock equipment. He's going to fill in the buell holes and make them the right size for BB's hardware... he's got the tools or so he says... can't hurt to try if he messes up I'll only be out $35

I wouldnt fill holes :???: I drilled the mounts out while still on the bike. I like this setup so well I gave my stock pegs to Technogeek. Even if you ever did want to go back to stock, and I doubt you will, you could always drill out the stock pegs to recieve the larger pins.

Or find some bushings. :wink:

It was said above this mod will put the pegs out an inch or two and this would reduce clearance.

There will be a bigger problem than clearance if the pegs are moved out. Unless you're severely pigeon toed, it will be hard to shift and rear brake.

This setup looks just like the adjustable 360 pegs from Lockhart, good idea, but the pegs are pushed out too far. Trust me, I've used them and returned them to Lockhart.