CBR1100XX.org Forum

newbie can't stop smiling

airborneXX

I just bought a 97 1100xx this morning and after a half hour on it I can't stop smiling :grin: :grin: :grin: . These bikes are awsome.

Now for the questions. Mine has the yoshi full system on it and there is no centerstand. I want to get one but i'm wondering if it was removed for clearence reasons. If anyone out there has one they want to get rid of please let me know.

well, welcome aboard. gotta love the bike!

check the mid-pipe on the left side. if there isn't a small square bracket welded to it for the centerstand to rest against with a small rubber bumper, the previous owner probably removed the centerstand so it wouldn't rub on the chain(problem I had with my Scorpions).

The second issue may have been for weight savings. it's not really heavy, but less weight = faster acceleration.

Glad to have you, and enjoy!

Thanks I'll check it out. Like these things need more acceleration. A friend of mine has a 2000 which I always liked and he loves, so he talked me into this one. I called him today and just said WOW. Thanks for the welcome this fourm looks great.

Thanks I'll check it out. Like these things need more acceleration. A friend of mine has a 2000 which I always liked and he loves, so he talked me into this one. I called him today and just said WOW. Thanks for the welcome this fourm looks great.

The XX will keep you smiling that's for sure!!

Full system, no mid-pipe on the left, no where to mount the centerstand stop.

Airbourne, welcome aboard. If you want to run a centerstand, you'll need to purchase an after market centerstand stop. Two Brothers Racing makes one.

I have a 97 XX with full Yosh stainless system and still have the centerstand attached. I don't see where there would be a problem unless it was removed for looks or weight saving. :headscratch:

normal_withoutbeetl.JPG

I did not do the install. I just went out to the garage to see what does stop the centerstand and found a bracket that comes down from the mid pipe that stops the centerstand.

normal_DSC01172.JPG

roads have too much salt, cinders and potholes right now. i may take a trip to deals in a few weeks to work those chicken stripes off again :grin:

Welcome, Airborne.

I've got 40k miles on my bird... and it still gives me a smile every time I ride it.

Southern NJ... you and your friend with the 2000 need to make your way to NeXXt this year!!!

I got my '97 a month a go... have done 4000km on it to work and back (170km round trip)

Makes eating Yammy ThunderAces easy-peasy 'cos at 280kph the yammy runs outta steam and my stock 'Bird still has plenty of ooomph to go faster.

Next to karting this is the most fun you can have with your clothes on :P

Makes eating Yammy ThunderAces easy-peasy 'cos at 280kph the yammy runs outta steam and my stock 'Bird still has plenty of ooomph to go faster.

OK what is a Yammy thunderAces? And WELCOME to the fun house Airborne900c. Im in Mass and plan on some long trips this season we should try to ride together, there are a few XX around me and I plan on a BQ this summer at my place ALL ARE WELCOME> Ride safe!!

BBQ?

I thought Brian was headed to NeXXT this year! :grin:

Yes I think I will try for this year. Must find some one around here to go with. But in the mean time will try to get the other Birds over for a BBQ this spring summer or fall. Hell the sun is out today just might try to go for a ride :lol::lol: it is just 20 out there but what the hell :shock:

• 1 year later...