CBR1100XX.org Forum

Before I order my Avon's...

silverbird1100

I'm going with the 45/46's after months of consideration. Just to be sure, I don't want the "B" tire right? How do I specify to the dealer what I want?

I noticed after lots of searching on this site guys either wore them out in 4000 or less or went a good 8000-11,000. Is it possible those low mlilage tires were the "B"? What's the worst anyone saw from their Avon?

Thanks.

I noticed after lots of searching on this site guys either wore them out in 4000 or less or went a good 8000-11,000.  Is it possible those low mlilage tires were the "B"?

Avon's initial answer was that the first edition were too soft of a compound, and wore out more quickly than the later release versions did.

Still not sure if that is the truth or not, as some guys (Pete, for instance) got the same mileage out of their replacement tire.

I bought my 46 in June of '03, and got 10K out of it, which is unheard of for me, so I must have had one of the harder compound versions.

I am running a 49 front with a 46 rear. I got I think almost 4.5k miles out of my rear and shes toast. :lol:

Hey Demon I am going with the 46 again this go around. I got a bike ride in May, that will be like 800 miles in that weekend and don't wanna burn up a 50 on the back from sight seeing :wink: Might try it out in the middle of summer.

Hmmmm, I can't count the number of Azaro STs (45? 46? The back one) I've worn out in 4,000 miles, give or take...but it's stickier than I've ever run on a Sport-Touring tire, and at least par for wear (*way* better than the Sportec M1).

Bryan... I'll buy the Avons again...

This is another one of those things that is different for everybody. I get 2k-3k more out of a 46 tire than Speedygeezer does and we ride a lot of the same roads.

Two of the best choices of tires for the XX are the Avons and the Pilot Roads. Either of these will give decent mileage with a good amount of grip.