CBR1100XX.org Forum

Hick-ups

XXBIRD

It's been a week I'm experiencing an unusual behaviour from the engine. During hard acceleration (usually merging into hwy traffic), there is a momentary fuel/ignition cut like symptom. More like a hick-up and then back to normal. First time, I thought I had little fuel left maybe caused it. But it happened again after refuelling. I happens at 4-5K rpm. I have BOS slip-ons. I don't know if it is related. I also, few weeks ago, checked the air filter, it was clean so put it back. I mostly use 87 octane gas. I know it is guess work with this info but any thoughts?

If it isn't very consistent, maybe you have something in your fuel filter/fuel line. With FI though, it could be something as difficult to find as a frayed/shorting wire. Sorry, very little help I know.

maXX

How old are the plugs, Ruhi?

I had about 7k on mine, and had a stumble off idle that didn't go away with mapping. I replaced the plugs last night, and the stumble is totally gone.

Might be worth a try.

Maybe its the joke, re-formulated "cleaner burning" :roll: enthanol based farmer subsidizing EPA mandated fuel?

Oops... I didn't realize I was in the garage... Back to the pub before Maxx kicks my ass...

I will check the plugs but I woud suspect bad plugs would effect the overall power rather than resulting intermittent hickups. (?)

Maybe its the joke, re-formulated "cleaner burning" :roll: enthanol based farmer subsidizing EPA mandated fuel?

It's OK we are in the in the "garage" section. It's all about learning. Having said that; it's not "farmer" subsidizing but "Archer-Daniels-Midland (ADM)" subsidizing, you meant, I assume. :wink: