CBR1100XX.org Forum

ohlins compression and rebound settings

torturedsoul

just would like to know what settings everone is running on the rear ohlins shock.also is there any one in the ohio area that can help me set the shock up not sure if sag is set correct. solo rider 200lbs in gear 25mm sag by my calculations 11mm preload rebound 14clicks compression 12clicks just not sure why my sag does not change when i adjust the preload settings. all settings are stock settings from ohlins thanks.

just would like to know what settings everone is running on the rear ohlins shock.also is there any one in the ohio area that can help me set the shock up not sure if sag is set correct. solo rider 200lbs in gear 25mm sag by my calculations 11mm preload rebound 14clicks compression 12clicks just not sure why my sag does not change when i adjust the preload settings. all settings are stock settings from ohlins thanks.

25mm is decent, and recommened for the track, but you may find 30mm a tad more comfortable for street riding. The stock comp/rebound settings are the best place to start. If you have shimmed the shock 6mm, and the bike is slow finishing a corner reduce the rebound, if the bike seems to be riding to harsh reduce the compression. Dont be shy about playing around with the adjusters to suit your riding style. Best to keep good records though.

Good Luck

the shock is not shimmed, just wanted to know compression and rebound settings 200lbs in gear aggressive rider. front is spot on .95kg springs compression and rebound valves from race tech fork cap preload adjusters.front is solid as arock in the corners, rear feels like it is loosing tracking in hard corners can not trust it at full lean and pray there are no holes in the corner back end is all over if is not smooth thanks