CBR1100XX.org Forum

price of an engine with cracked left crank case

FloridaSilverBird

I need to sell my engine. It is in great condition with the exception of a cracked left crank case. I am curious about two things:

--Should I buy a new left crank case so that the engine will have nothing wrong with it and encourage a buyer to bid a higher price?

--How much do you think the engine is worth and how much do you think it would go for if I auctioned it on ebay?

If it's one of the covers, which one?

The larger, more forward cover is the stator cover. The other one is the slave cylinder and sprocket cover.

I've seen engines go for a lot less than the $1750 you were asking, but you might want to try eBay, or some of the dwarf cars/sand rail forums.

Might have better luck there.

Well, when you say left crank case, do you mean cover or the actual case?

--I just mean the cover. The gasket is ok as well.

--The alternator cover according to ronayers:

http://www.ronayers.com/fiche/200_0351/lef...kcase_cover.cfm

I've seen engines go for a lot less than the $1750 you were asking, but you might want to try eBay, or some of the dwarf cars/sand rail forums.

Might have better luck there.

--Im hoping for at least around 1500. Could you suggest a few of the dwarf car forums? I don't know of any.

Thanks.

I need to sell my engine. It is in great condition with the exception of a cracked left crank case. I am curious about two things:

--Should I buy a new left crank case so that the engine will have nothing wrong with it and encourage a buyer to bid a higher price?

--How much do you think the engine is worth and how much do you think it would go for if I auctioned it on ebay?

I think you'll be really lucky to get $1000 this time of year. If it was summer you might get more.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=35595

This guy couldn't get $1500 for a new 1000rr engine with 400miles.

hm..  do you think it would work out better if i bought a new case instead of just saying that that is all it needs?

Also, how do you ship an engine like this??

1) Yes

2) In a crate, and through a trucking company

• 2 weeks later...