CBR1100XX.org Forum

Shift Light

CBRXXRAGE

Not yet, but you can get what you need from MSD.

All you need is a "RPM Activated Switch", the corresponding pills, and the light, itself.

I may work on this after January, using an LED in the instrument cluster.

I bought my bike it had a shift light all ready installed. I will post pictures and maybe someone can figure out which one it is. Or maybe I'll look over the bike for a controller box for the light. It has approx 5 LED's that go from green to red flashing as you approach redline.

Josh

Have you guys checked out the Veypor device? I think it has a shift light. It also has a bunch of other very cool tricks.

It has a gear indicator, a quarter mile timer, it can calculate horsepower and torque, indicate true speed and probably scratch your ass. :lol: I'm thinking about getting one. Does anyone know anything about them?

Check it out at http://www.veypor.com.

http://secure.mycart.net/catalogs/catalog....&showprevnext=1

I have the Dyna with the minder. No pills. Set it to any rpm that you want. There is a few different models on this site if this isn't the right one. The price has gone up since I got mine.

It has approx 5 LED's that go from green to red flashing as you approach redline.  

I had this one and sent it back to get the Dyna.

Here's the picture I promised to pst several days ago. :oops: The shift light has three green and two red LED's. They come on progressively from around 7grand up to redline.

xxdashlights.jpg

Josh

Have you guys checked out the Veypor device?  I think it has a shift light.  It also has a bunch of other very cool tricks.

It has a gear indicator, a quarter mile timer, it can calculate horsepower and torque, indicate true speed and probably scratch your ass. :lol:   I'm thinking about getting one.  Does anyone know anything about them?

I'll look into this and post what I find out. The company is right here in Ottawa. I'm suprised I hav'nt seen one yet on anyones bike around here.

Stay tuned. :wink:

Cameron

Have you guys checked out the Veypor device?  I think it has a shift light.  It also has a bunch of other very cool tricks.

It has a gear indicator, a quarter mile timer, it can calculate horsepower and torque, indicate true speed and probably scratch your ass. :lol:   I'm thinking about getting one.  Does anyone know anything about them?

I'll look into this and post what I find out. The company is right here in Ottawa. I'm suprised I hav'nt seen one yet on anyones bike around here.

Stay tuned. :wink:

Cameron

According to the address on the website, this guy must be selling them out of his home. It's only about 10 minutes from my place, so in the next week or so I'll try to get in touch with him.

Cameron

Thanks OttawaXX! I'll look forward to hearing about what you learn from the guy.

I think it has an accellerometer or two. I don't think it has GPS. From what I've read, you input your tire O.D. for the MPH (KPH?) readings. I think it's more like a Sigma bike speedo in that respect. I haven't seen the G-Tech Pro, but I'll check it out.