CBR1100XX.org Forum

Givi owners

silverbird1100

Look here for the prices on new bags...

http://cbr.geckobox.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14785

Pictures of bikes, racks and bags are here...

http://cbr.geckobox.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15085

You can find many XX/Givi photos here....

http://gallery.superblackbird.info/

In addition to bags, you'll need a Wingrack (you could use the SW-Motech or 5-Star racks for GIVI bags as well), either two or three case set-up, and the Y158 fitting kit, speciffic to the XX.

Two bags weigh about 23 LBS, not sure how heavy the rack is. Some people mention they nottice the weight, some don't.

If you travel two-up, changing the preload or the whole shock will help.

On other hand if you are light, the stock shock should handle it.

I replaced my OEM shock at 63K and I could nottice the difference then ! I'd go with an aftermarket shock if I could afford it ! :twisted:

GIVI Monokey system allows placement of either bag at any place. There is no right, left, top bag unless you mount the stop light in the top case, then this will be the only bag that will mount on the plate with the brakelight contact.

The same key opens the bag and releases it from the rack, when you push a button. New latches have two buttons - one to open , one to release, but the E360 don't have them !

The same key works in a pair of bags (E21, E360,E41 etc) The E51, V46 and E460 come packed individually and don't share that feature anymore.

If you buy three cases, you can buy the three lock set ($22.00) to have one key opening all.

The E360's are narrower than the mirrors, and I was able to split lanes in Chicago traffic, however you have to remember about them and learn how to move with them.... You'd need to learn how to swing your leg over the seat as well - so you don't kick the bags to much.

The E360 can hold two Arai helmets, when you ditch the red compartments from the inside of the bag - I did.

As a top case the E360may be to shallow, especially when you want to carry just one case - I did when I had just two cases.

E-bay has some good deals here and there.

The Wingracks are universal and the Y158 is what matters. So if you see a good deal, let's say for the Bandit, you could still use it's Wingrack - NOT THE TUBULLAR FRAMES !!!

I recommend the rack with turnsignals as the bags will cover any short/aftermarket signals on the bike, making them unvisible from the side, in the daylight. But to many people that doesn't matter. If you are one of them and you don't want the Givi t.signals, you can save few bucks buying the N141 versus the N140...

How do they work ?

You turn the key, push the button and the case is of the bike :cool:

If you don't care for the looks of the rack, 6 bolts holds it to the bike - 10 min should be enough to remove it, especially when you have no t.signals on the rack.

The SW-Motech racks are heavier, require use of the rear fender but can be removed quite easier.

Cheers,

I would thoroughly recommend give stuff i have the 3 box setup on my xx and wingrack with the indicator kit. Works a treat i use the bike all the time now with 1 box on the back makes it so versatile just being able to chuck all your shit in the box rather than having a tank bag or rucksack.

Iain

I have been using this system on several bikes, starting about 1988.

The later versions are better, stronger, and more beautifull. Speeds over 160mph our very well possible. Only if you use a light topcase it will start to shake the bike at very high speeds.

The only disadvantages are that it is not easy to take of the wingrack, and you have to take of the original blinkers (or shorten them).

it is not easy to take of the wingrack

How dificult is it to remove three bolts per side ?! :shock:

Ok, you can unbolt one sidearm for easier removal.

So it's 9 bolts total......

Well 11 if you have the turn signalls.... :twisted: :lol:

Still quick proces in my opinion.

Cheers,

Since I live in Italy, I have used GiVi luggage for many years, changing different sets and product series. Also, on Italian roads you can find hundreds of people using GiVi, so you can hear any sort of opinion.

In short, the bags are lightweight and water proof. On the other hand, the mounting frame is not so nice when left in place without the bags.

Sincerely, I must say that I do not like how the bike looks with all that stuff in place, an elephant with two weels! But if you hit the ground, the bags will save the fairings without breaking, since they are made of relatively soft plastic... this means also that the bag will not close prefectly if over-filled (some clearance could remain between the two shells, allowing some water drops to enter, if very much rain is encountered).

Really, since they are so big and easy to fill, often the bags are over-charged by the owner, resulting in too much load on the rear, which in turn means loosing control on the front end. But this is not a real drawback, it depends on you...

Sorry for my bad English... :oops:

I did the SW-Motech top rack only (silver color on silver bird). Top notch quality and looks oem (no side rails like Givi Monorack), it looks like the Givi E52 is defying gravity (very clean). Very solid mounting, though i need to put Lockite on the bolts since they tend to loosen.

You can retain the larger XX oem bungee bolts even though the instructions don't indicate so you have both sets of oem bungee bolts, rear and mid-seat, providing excellent tie down points for bungees/cargo nets!

I can expand to their sideracks/givis if so desire. SW is much better quality and cleaner looking than Givi monorack.