CBR1100XX.org Forum

3rd party plastics?

Skull

When I bought my bike, I figured it had been down, and I wasn't sure exactly what parts of the fairing would need replaced or what. It's looking like I will need a new upper and a lower right. Even through Service Honda, these are expensive items (although cheaper than through Ron Ayers or PowerSports Pro). :shock:

There seem to be a lot of folks making aftermarket/3rd party plastics for every Honda sportbike except the XX. Anyone know of anyone besides Honda that DOES make stuff for the XX? If such things exist, are they interchangeable, or would it require a full aftermarket set?

http://www.empiregp.com/new_plastic.php?pag=hondacbrxx

Here are some from Empire GP a guy named Bob Brown owns it. Very great guy, fixes and repairs almost anything plus sells body work. Check out some of his work.

He's in upstate New York.

his shop number is (607)535-2453

When I bought my bike, I figured it had been down, and I wasn't sure exactly what parts of the fairing would need replaced or what. It's looking like I will need a new upper and a lower right. Even through Service Honda, these are expensive items (although cheaper than through Ron Ayers or PowerSports Pro). :shock:

There seem to be a lot of folks making aftermarket/3rd party plastics for every Honda sportbike except the XX. Anyone know of anyone besides Honda that DOES make stuff for the XX? If such things exist, are they interchangeable, or would it require a full aftermarket set?

If you need a fuel tank or tail section, i have those and are practically new (silver).

-Chris

Thanks, guys. Y'all are awesome.

It's nice to have options. :)

FSB, the tank and the tail section seem to be the only parts I DON'T need. I think whatever happened to my bike with a previous owner must've been kinda like yours. :???:

I had taken the plastic off to do a full inspection of the engine and drivetrain -- bodywork can hide a multitude of sins. I find it ironic that the biggest sins turn out to _be_ the bodywork.

Ah, well.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a lower right (blue as '99) used but good....75$us

I'm in Canada. 514-992-3310 or email me at sylvain.dufour@teleglobe.ca