CBR1100XX.org Forum

XX Levers

bajjer9

I remember reading that the Blackbirds levers are different cause at high speed the drag would actually pull the levers back far enough to make the brake light come on.

Then again also. I have looked up levers for the XX and the Busa and for some reason both are different and cost more than other bikes

oh yeah the blackbird is a hydro clutch where the F4I isn't.. don't know if it applies to all models of birds though

I remember reading that the Blackbirds levers are different cause at high speed the drag would actually pull the levers back far enough to make the brake light come on.  

Then again also. I have looked up levers for the XX and the Busa and for some reason both are different and cost more than other bikes

oh yeah the blackbird is a hydro clutch where the F4I isn't.. don't know if it applies to all models of birds though

ahhh big light bulb!! it was the brake lever that was the same so I made the assumption that both levers would work...all other cbr's are cable clutches i do believe!

• 2 weeks later...

When I bought my bike I got it with Honda RC31 levers and resevoirs on it. I had some one tell me they were easier to pull back with two fingers and that they were considering changing also. I have never tried my bike with stock levers so I don't really know if it's any better but if something works I try not to fuck with it. Just food for thought.

Guest rockmeupto125

The wind drag wasn't enough supposedly to actuate the clutch or brake...just enough to trigger the microswitch on the brake light, hence the change to the brake lever.